- eBook:Scratch Programming for Beginners: A Kid's Guide to Coding Fundamentals
- Author:Raina Burditt MS MA
- Data:September 1, 2020
- Pages:188 pages
Scratch is a visual computer language designed especially for kids, and Scratch Programming for Beginners is the perfect book to introduce kids to coding! It explains the fundamental concepts of Scratch in a kid-friendly way, and comes jam-packed with fun, creative activities.
This book starts with the scratch programming basics, teaching kids what coding is, and all about the different tools they can use to build their own programs and games. Each chapter teaches a different aspect of coding, with exercises that get more challenging as they go, so kids can test their abilities and unleash their imagination. They’ll even build their own game where they’ll fight off a fire-breathing dragon!
Inside Scratch Programming for Beginners, you’ll find:
- No coding experience needed―This book is designed for coding beginners, with kid-friendly explanations, step-by-step instructions, and lots of pictures.
- Build a coding toolbox―Kids will build their own toolbox of skills, learning how to install and use Scratch, how to troubleshoot any pesky coding bugs with the Bug-Hunting Guide, and practice their Scratch programming lingo with a glossary of computer terms.
- Why Scratch?―Scratch uses blocks of code that fit together like puzzle pieces, so kids can watch how their code affects the program as they’re building it. The fundamentals they’ll learn in this book apply to other coding languages, too!
Chapter 2. Scratch: The Basics
Chapter 3. Making It Move
Chapter 4. Making It Fun
Chapter 5. Loops
Chapter 6. Variables
Chapter 7. Conditions
Chapter 8. Data Types and Structures
Chapter 9. Event Handling
Chapter 10. Game On: Putting It All Together
Download Scratch Programming for Beginners: A Kid's Guide to Coding Fundamentals PDF or ePUB format free