- eBook:Learn Solidworks 2020: A Hands-on Guide To Becoming An Accomplished Solidworks Associate And Professional
- Author:Tayseer Almattar
- Data:December 2019
- Pages:586 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Gain comprehensive insights into the core aspects of mechanical part modeling
- Get up to speed with generating assembly designs with both standard and advanced mates
- Focus on design practices for both 2D as well as 3D modeling and prepare to achieve CWSP and CWSA certification
Book DescriptionSOLIDWORKS is the leading choice for 3D engineering and product design applications across industries such as aviation, automobiles, and consumer product design.
This book takes a practical approach to getting you up and running with SOLIDWORKS 2020. You’ll start with the basics, exploring the software interface and working with drawing files. The book then guides you through topics such as sketching, building complex 3D models, generating dynamic and static assemblies, and generating 2D engineering drawings to equip you for mechanical design projects. You’ll also do practical exercises to get hands-on with creating sketches, 3D part models, assemblies, and drawings. To reinforce your understanding of SOLIDWORKS, the book is supplemented by downloadable files that will help you follow up with the concepts and exercises found in the book.
By the end of this book, you’ll have gained the skills you need to create professional 3D mechanical models using SOLIDWORKS, and you’ll be able to prepare effectively for the Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) and Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional (CSWP) exams.
What you will learn
- Understand the fundamentals of SOLIDWORKS and parametric modeling
- Create professional 2D sketches as bases for 3D models using simple and advanced modeling techniques
- Use SOLIDWORKS drawing tools to generate standard engineering drawings
- Evaluate mass properties and materials for designing parts and assemblies
- Understand the objectives and the formats of the CSWA and CSWP exams
- Discover expert tips and tricks to generate different part and assembly configurations for your mechanical designs
Who this book is forThis book is for aspiring engineers, designers, drafting technicians, or anyone looking to get started with the latest version of SOLIDWORKS. Anyone interested in becoming a Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) or Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional (CSWP) will also find this book useful.
Chapter 2: Interface and Navigation
Chapter 3: SOLIDWORKS 2D Sketching Basics
Chapter 4: Special Sketching Commands
Chapter 5: Basic Primary One-Sketch Features
Chapter 6: Basic Secondary Multi-Sketch Features
Chapter 7: Materials and Mass Properties
Chapter 8: Standard Assembly Mates
Chapter 9: Introduction to Engineering Drawing
Chapter 10: Basic SOLIDWORKS Drawing Layout and Annotations
Chapter 11: Bills of Materials
Chapter 12: Advanced SOLIDWORKS Mechanical Core Features
Chapter 13: Equations, Configurations, and Design Tables
Chapter 14: SOLIDWORKS Assemblies and Advanced Mates
Chapter 15: Advanced SOLIDWORKS Assemblies Competencies