- eBook:C++ Concurrency in Action: Practical Multithreading
- Author:Anthony Williams
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:February 28, 2012
- Pages:528 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
About the Technology Multiple processors with multiple cores are the norm these days. The C++11 version of the C++ language offers beefed-up support for multithreaded applications, and requires that you master the principles, techniques, and new language features of concurrency to stay ahead of the curve.
About the Book Without assuming you have a background in the subject, CC++ Concurrency in Action gradually enables you to write robust and elegant multithreaded applications in C++11. You'll explore the threading memory model, the new multithreading support library, and basic thread launching and synchronization facilities. Along the way, you'll learn how to navigate the trickier bits of programming for concurrency.
Written for C++ programmers who are new to concurrency and others who may have written multithreaded code using other languages, APIs, or platforms.
- Written for the new C++11 Standard
- Programming for multiple cores and processors
- Small examples for learning, big examples for practice
2. Managing threads
3. Sharing data between threads
4. Synchronizing concurrent operations
5. The C++ memory model and operations on atomic types
6. Designing lock-based concurrent data structures
7. Designing lock-free concurrent data structures
8. Designing concurrent code
9. Advanced thread management
10. Testing and debugging multithreaded applications