- eBook:React Projects: Build 12 real-world applications from scratch using React, React Native, and React 360
- Author:Roy Derks
- Data:December 20, 2019
- Pages:474 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Build React applications at scale using effective React patterns and best practices
- Explore React features such as Hooks, the Context API, and the Suspense API
- Extend React's integration with React Native for building cross-platform mobile apps and games
Book DescriptionDeveloped by Facebook, React is a popular library for building impressive user interfaces. React extends its capabilities to the mobile platform using the React Native framework and integrates with popular web and mobile tools to build scalable applications.
React Projects is your guide to learning React development by using modern development patterns and integrating React with powerful web tools such as GraphQL, Expo, and React 360. You'll start building a real-world project right from the first chapter and get hands on with developing scalable applications as you advance to building more complex projects. Throughout the book, you'll use the latest versions of React and React Native to explore features such as Higher Order Components (HOC), Context, and Hooks on multiple platforms, which will help you build full stack web and mobile applications efficiently. Finally, you'll delve into unit testing with Jest to build test-driven apps.
By the end of this React book, you'll have developed the skills necessary to start building scalable React apps across web and mobile platforms.
What you will learn
- Create a wide range of applications using various modern React tools and frameworks
- Discover how React Hooks modernize state management for React apps
- Develop progressive web applications using React components
- Build test-driven React applications using the Jest and Enzyme frameworks
- Understand full stack development using React, Apollo, and GraphQL
- Perform server-side rendering using React and React Router
- Design gestures and animations for a cross-platform game using React Native
Who this book is forThe book is for jаvascript developers who want to explore React tooling and frameworks for building cross-platform applications. Basic knowledge of web development, ECMAScript, and React will assist with understanding key concepts covered in this book.
Chapter 2: Creating a Progressive Web Application with Reusable React Components
Chapter 3: Build a Dynamic Project Management Board with React and Suspense
Chapter 4: Build a SSR-Based Community Feed Using React Router
Chapter 5: Build a Personal Shopping List Application Using Context API and Hooks
Chapter 6: Build an Application Exploring TDD Using Jest and Enzyme
Chapter 7: Build a Full Stack E-Commerce Application with React Native and GraphQL
Chapter 8: Build a House Listing Application with React Native and Expo
Chapter 9: Build an Animated Game Using React Native and Expo
Chapter 10: Creating a Real-Time Messaging Application with React Native and Expo
Chapter 11: Build a Full Stack Social Media Application with React Native and GraphQL
Chapter 12: Creating a Virtual Reality Application with React 360