- eBook:Open Source Intelligence Methods and Tools: A Practical Guide to Online Intelligence
- Author:Nihad A. Hassan, Rami Hijazi
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:July 1, 2018
- Pages:377 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
The author includes many OSINT resources that can be used by intelligence agencies as well as by enterprises to monitor trends on a global level, identify risks, and gather competitor intelligence so more effective decisions can be made. You will discover techniques, methods, and tools that are equally used by hackers and penetration testers to gather intelligence about a specific target online. And you will be aware of how OSINT resources can be used in conducting social engineering attacks.
Open Source Intelligence Methods and Tools takes a practical approach and lists hundreds of OSINT resources that can be used to gather intelligence from online public sources. The book also covers how to anonymize your digital identity online so you can conduct your searching activities without revealing your identity.
What You’ll Learn
- Identify intelligence needs and leverage a broad range of tools and sources to improve data collection, analysis, and decision making in your organization
- Use OSINT resources to protect individuals and enterprises by discovering data that is online, exposed, and sensitive and hide the data before it is revealed by outside attackers
- Gather corporate intelligence about business competitors and predict future market directions
- Conduct advanced searches to gather intelligence from social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter
- Understand the different layers that make up the Internet and how to search within the invisible web which contains both the deep and the dark webs
Penetration testers, digital forensics investigators, intelligence services, military, law enforcement, UN agencies, and for-profit/non-profit enterprises
Chapter 2: Introduction To Online Threats and Countermeasures
Chapter 3: The Underground Internet
Chapter 4: Search Engine Techniques
Chapter 5: Social Media Intelligence
Chapter 6: People Search Engines and Public Records
Chapter 7: Online Maps
Chapter 8: Technical Footprinting
Chapter 9: What’s Next?