- eBook:Pro Tableau: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Author:Seema Acharya, Subhashini Chellappan
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:December 24, 2016
- Pages:868 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
Pro Tableau demonstrates the power of visual analytics and teaches you how to:
- Connect to various data sources such as spreadsheets, text files, relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, etc.), non-relational databases (NoSQL such as MongoDB, Cassandra), R data files, etc.
- Write your own custom SQL, etc.
- Perform statistical analysis in Tableau using R
- Use a multitude of charts (pie, bar, stacked bar, line, scatter plots, dual axis, histograms, heat maps, tree maps, highlight tables, box and whisker, etc.)
- Connect to various data sources such as relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL), non-relational databases (NoSQL such as MongoDB, Cassandra), write your own custom SQL, join and blend data sources, etc.
- Leverage table calculations (moving average, year over year growth, LOD (Level of Detail), etc.
- Integrate Tableau with R
- Tell a compelling story with data by creating highly interactive dashboards
All levels of IT professionals, from executives responsible for determining IT strategies to systems administrators, to data analysts, to decision makers responsible for driving strategic initiatives, etc. The book will help those familiar with Tableau software chart their journey to a visualization expert.
Chapter 2: Working with Single and Multiple Data Sources
Chapter 3: Simplifying and Sorting Your Data
Chapter 4: Measure Names and Measure Values
Chapter 5: Table Calculations
Chapter 6: Customizing Data
Chapter 7: Statistics
Chapter 8: Chart Forms
Chapter 9: Advanced Visualization
Chapter 10: Dashboard and Stories
Chapter 11: Integration of Tableau with R