- eBook:Advanced Node.js Development: Master Node.js by building real-world applications
- Author:Andrew Mead
- Data:March 30, 2018
- Pages:592 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Entirely project-based and practical
- Explains the "why" of Node.js features, not just the "how", providing with a deep understanding and enabling you to easily apply concepts in your own applications
- Covers the full range of technologies around Node.js - npm, MongoDB, version control with Git, and many more
Book DescriptionAdvanced Node.js Development is a practical, project-based book that provides you with all you need to progress as a Node.js developer. Node is a ubiquitous technology on the modern web, and an essential part of any web developer's toolkit. If you're looking to create real-world Node applications, or you want to switch careers or launch a side-project to generate some extra income, then you're in the right place. This book was written around a single goal: turning you into a professional Node developer capable of developing, testing, and deploying real-world production applications.
There's no better time to dive in. According to the 2018 Stack Overflow Survey, Node is in the top ten for back-end popularity and back-end salary. This book is built from the ground up around the latest version of Node.js (version 9.x.x). You'll be learning all the cutting-edge features available only in the latest software versions.
This book delivers advanced skills that you need to become a professional Node developer. Along this journey you'll create your own API, you'll build a full real-time web app and create projects that apply the latest Async and Await technologies. Andrew Mead maps everything out for you in this book so that you can learn how to build powerful Node.js projects in a comprehensive, easy-to-follow package designed to get you up and running quickly.
What you will learn
- Develop, test, and deploy real-world Node.js applications
- Master Node.js by building practical, working examples
- Use awesome third-party Node modules such as MongoDB, Mongoose, Socket.io, and Express
- Create real-time web applications
- Explore async and await in ES7
Who This Book Is ForThis book is for anyone looking to launch their own Node applications, switch careers, or freelance as a Node developer. You should have a basic understanding of jаvascript in order to follow this book. This book follows directly on from Learning Node.js Development, but more advanced readers can benefit from this book without having read the first part.
Chapter 2: MongoDB, Mongoose, and REST APIs – Part 1
Chapter 3: MongoDB, Mongoose, and REST APIs – Part 2
Chapter 4: MongoDB, Mongoose, and REST APIs – Part 3
Chapter 5: Real-Time Web Apps with Socket.io
Chapter 6: Generating newMessage and newLocationmessage
Chapter 7: Styling Our Chat Page as a Web App
Chapter 8: The Join Page and Passing Room Data
Chapter 9: ES7 classes
Chapter 10: Async/Await Project Setup