The final part of this book discusses using R on a server; you’ll build a script with R that can run an RStudio Server and monitor a report source for changes to alert the user when something has changed. This project includes both regular email alerting and push notification. And, finally, you’ll use R to create a customized daily rundown report of a person's most important information such as a weather report, daily calendar, to-do's and more. This demonstrates how to automate such a process so that every morning, the user navigates to the same web page and gets the updated report.
What You Will Learn
- Set up and run an R script, including installation on a new machine and downloading and configuring R
- Turn any machine into a powerful data analytics platform accessible from anywhere with RStudio Server
- Write basic R scripts and modify existing scripts to suit your own needs
- Create basic HTML reports in R, inserting information as needed
- Build a basic R package and distribute it
Some prior exposure to statistics, programming, and maybe SAS is recommended but not required.
Chapter 2: Feed the Beast: Getting Data into R
Chapter 3: Project 1: Launching, Analyzing, and Reporting a Survey Using R and LimeSurvey
Chapter 4: Project 2: Advanced Statistical Analysis Using R and MouselabWEB
Chapter 5: R in Everyday Life
Chapter 6: Project 3: The R Form Mailer
Chapter 7: Project 4: The R Powered Presentation
Chapter 8: R Anywhere
Chapter 9: Project 5: The Change Alert!
Chapter 10: Project 6: The R Personal Assistant