- eBook:Learn OpenShift: Deploy, build, manage, and migrate applications with OpenShift Origin 3.9
- Author:Denis Zuev, Artemii Kropachev, Aleksey Usov
- Data:July 30, 2018
- Pages:504 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Gain hands-on experience of working with Kubernetes and Docker
- Learn how to deploy and manage applications in OpenShift
- Explore OpenShift's multi-site and high-availability (HA) architectures for production
Book DescriptionDocker containers transform application delivery technologies to make them faster and more reproducible, alongside reducing the amount of time wasted on configuration. Managing Docker containers in the multi-node or multi-datacenter environment is a big challenge, which is why container management platforms are required. OpenShift is a new generation of container management platforms built on top of both Docker and Kubernetes. It delivers in terms of functionality, something that is lacking in Kubernetes. This functionality significantly helps development teams take software development processes to a whole new level.
This book starts by helping you understand container architecture Docker , and CRI-O. To build on your knowledge further, you'll get up to speed with container orchestration and Kubernetes. Next, the book will guide you on how to install OpenShift, in addition to helping you cover its basic and advanced components. As you progress, you'll delve into concepts such as deploying application OpenShift, before moving on to understand how to set up an end-to-end delivery pipeline while working with applications in OpenShift. Finally, you'll learn how to design OpenShift in production environments with confidence.
By the end of this book, you'll have gained hands-on experience of designing, building, and operating OpenShift Origin 3.9, as well as developing new applications or migrating existing ones to OpenShift.
What you will learn
- Discover the core concepts behind containers and container orchestration tools
- Understand Docker, Kubernetes, and OpenShift, and their relation to CRI-O
- Install and work with Kubernetes and OpenShift
- Understand how to work with persistent storage in OpenShift
- Learn OpenShift's basic and advanced components, including security and networking
- Manage deployment strategies and application migration in OpenShift
- Configure OpenShift high availability
Who this book is forThis book is for system administrators, DevOps engineers, solutions architects, or any stakeholder who wants to understand OpenShift and its business value. Prior experience with OpenShift is not required.
Chapter 2: Kubernetes Overview
Chapter 3: CRI-O Overview
Chapter 4: OpenShift Overview
Chapter 5: Building an OpenShift Lab
Chapter 6: OpenShift Installation
Chapter 7: Managing Persistent Storage
Chapter 8: Core OpenShift Concepts
Chapter 9: Advanced OpenShift Concepts
Chapter 10: Security in OpenShift
Chapter 11: Managing OpenShift Networking
Chapter 12: Deploying Simple Applications in OpenShift
Chapter 13: Deploying Multi-Tier Applications Using Templates
Chapter 14: Building Application Images from Dockerfile
Chapter 15: Building PHP Applications from Source Code
Chapter 16: Building a Multi-Tier Application from Source Code
Chapter 17: CI/CD Pipelines in OpenShift
Chapter 18: OpenShift HA Architecture Overview
Chapter 19: OpenShift HA Design for Single and Multiple DCs
Chapter 20: Network Design for OpenShift HA
Chapter 21: What is New in OpenShift 3.9?