- eBook:Serverless Architectures with AWS: Discover how you can migrate from traditional deployments to serverless architectures with AWS
- Author:Mohit Gupta
- Data:December 24, 2018
- Pages:226 pages
- Learn how to quickly and easily go serverless
- Explore AWS and Lambda: the first building blocks of serverless applications on AWS
- Study different approaches to deploy and maintain serverless applications
Book DescriptionServerless Architecture with AWS begins with an introduction to the serverless model and helps you get started with AWS and Lambda. You'll also get to grips with other capabilities of the AWS Serverless Platform and see how AWS supports enterprise-grade serverless applications with and without Lambda.
This book will guide you in deploying your first serverless project and exploring the capabilities of serverless Amazon Athena, an interactive query service that makes it easy to analyze data in Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3 Amazon) using standard SQL. You'll also learn about AWS Glue, a fully managed ETL service that makes categorizing data easy and cost-effective. You'll study how Amazon Kinesis makes it possible to unleash the potential of real-time data insights and analytics with capabilities such as video streams, data streams, data firehose, and data analytics. Last but not least, you'll be equipped to combine Amazon Kinesis capabilities with AWS Lambda to create lightweight serverless architectures.
By the end of the book, you will be ready to create and run your first serverless application that takes advantage of the high availability, security, performance, and scalability of AWS.
What you will learn
- Explore AWS services for supporting a serverless environment
- Set up AWS services to make applications scalable and highly available
- Deploy a static website with a serverless architecture
- Build your first serverless web application
- Study the changes in a deployed serverless web application
- Apply best practices to ensure overall security, availability, and reliability
Who this book is forThis book is for you if you want to develop serverless applications and have some prior coding experience. Though no prior experience of AWS is needed, basic knowledge of Java or Node.js will be an added advantage.
- AWS, Lambda, and Serverless Applications
- Working with the AWS Serverless Platform
- Building and Deploying a Media Application
- Serverless Amazon Athena and the AWS Glue Data Catalog
- Real-Time Data Insights Using Amazon Kinesis
Download Serverless Architectures with AWS: Discover how you can migrate from traditional deployments to serverless architectures with AWS PDF or ePUB format free