- eBook:The Go Workshop: A New, Interactive Approach to Learning Go
- Author:Delio D'Anna, Andrew Hayes, Sam Hennessy, Jeremy Leasor, Gobin Sougrakpam, Daniel Szabo
- Data:December 30, 2019
- Pages:822 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Ideal for the Go beginner who is getting started for the first time
- A step-by-step Go tutorial with exercises and activities that help build key skills
- Structured to let you progress at your own pace, on your own terms
- Use your physical print copy to redeem free access to the online interactive edition
Book DescriptionYou already know you want to learn Go, and the smart way to learn anything is to learn by doing. The Go Workshop focuses on building up your practical skills so that you can develop high-performing concurrent applications, or even create Go scripts to automate repetitive daily tasks. You'll learn from real examples that lead to real results.
Throughout The Go Workshop, you'll take an engaging step-by-step approach to understanding Go. You won't have to sit through any unnecessary theory. If you're short on time you can jump into a single exercise each day, or you can spend an entire weekend learning how to test and secure your Go applications. It's your choice. Learning on your terms, you'll build up and reinforce key skills in a way that feels rewarding.
Every physical print copy of The Go Workshop unlocks access to the interactive edition. With videos detailing all exercises and activities, you'll always have a guided solution. You can also benchmark yourself against assessments, track your progress, and receive content updates. You'll even earn secure credentials that you can share and verify online upon completion. It's a premium learning experience that's included with your printed copy. To redeem it, follow the instructions located at the start of your Go book.
Fast-paced and direct, The Go Workshop is the ideal companion for Go beginners. You'll build and iterate on your code like a software developer, learning along the way. This process means that you'll find that your new skills stick, embedded as best practice. A solid foundation for the years ahead.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with Go fundamentals and best practices
- Learn how to effectively organize your code for production environments
- Explore how third-party packages can help make you a better engineer
- Keep your development process bug-free with unit tests and benchmarks
Who this book is forOur goal at Packt is to help you be successful, in whatever it is you choose to do. The Go Workshop is an ideal Go tutorial for the Go beginner who is just getting started. Pick up a Workshop today, and let Packt help you develop skills that stick with you for life.
Chapter 2: Logic and Loops
Chapter 3: Core Types
Chapter 4: Complex Types
Chapter 5: Functions
Chapter 6: Errors
Chapter 7: Interfaces
Chapter 8: Packages
Chapter 9: Basic Debugging
Chapter 10: About Time
Chapter 11: Encoding and Decoding (JSON)
Chapter 12: Files and Systems
Chapter 13: SQL and Databases
Chapter 14: Using the Go HTTP Client
Chapter 15: HTTP Servers
Chapter 16: Concurrent Work
Chapter 17: Using Go Tools
Chapter 18: Security
Chapter 19: Special Features