- eBook:Computer Programming for Absolute Beginners: Learn essential programming concepts, terms, and coding techniques
- Author:Joakim Wassberg
- Data:September 9, 2020
- Pages:320 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Understand the building blocks of a computer program and how to apply the concepts you learn to other programming languages
- Learn how to confidently write your first computer program
- Understand tips, techniques, and best practices to start coding like a professional programmer
Book DescriptionThe benefits of learning how to code are growing exponentially and gaining the right programming skills can have a massive impact on what you can do with your current skill set and the way you advance in your career. This book will be your guide to learning computer programming easily, helping you overcome the difficulties in understanding the major constructs in any mainstream programming language.
The book will guide you through the main building blocks of any programming language with thorough explanations and relevant examples in pseudocode. You'll learn about the relationship between computer programs and programming languages and how code is executed on the computer. After this, the book focuses on the different types of applications that you can create with your programming knowledge. Next, you'll delve into programming constructs, learning all about statements, operators, variables, and data types. Further chapters will show you how to control the flow of your programs using control structures and reuse your code using functions. Toward the end of the book, you'll explore best practices that will help you in code writing.
By the end of this book, you will not only be prepared to take on any programming language but also be equipped with best practices that will help you write better code in the future.
What you will learn
- Understand programming languages and how to translate source code into executable code
- Explore general concepts of programming languages, such as variables, loops, selection and functions
- Understand what a program is and how the computer executes it
- Solve problems using various paradigms such as procedural programming, object-oriented programming, and functional programming
- Write high-quality code using various coding conventions and best practices
- Become well-versed with how to track and fix bugs in your programs
Who This Book Is ForThis book is for beginners who have never programmed before and are looking to enter the world of programming. This includes anyone who is about to start studying programming and wants a head start, or someone who simply wants to learn how to program on their own.
1. Introduction to Computer Programs
2. Introduction to Programming Languages
3. Types of Applications
4. Software Projects and How We Organize Our Code
Section 2: Constructs of a Programming Language
5. Sequence – The Basic Building Block of a Computer Program
6. Working with Data – Variables
7. Program Control Structures
8. Understanding Functions
9. When Things Go Wrong – Bugs and Exceptions
10. Programming Paradigms
11. Programming Tools and Methodologies
Section 3: Best Practices for Writing High-Quality Code
12. Code Quality