- eBook:Node.js Design Patterns: Design and implement production-grade Node.js applications using proven patterns and techniques, 3rd Edition
- Author:Mario Casciaro, Luciano Mammino
- Edition:3 edition
- Data:July 29, 2020
- Pages:660 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Learn how to create solid server-side applications by leveraging the full power of Node.js 14
- Understand how Node.js works and learn how to take full advantage of its core components as well as the solutions offered by its ecosystem
- Avoid common mistakes and use proven patterns to create production grade Node.js applications
Book DescriptionIn this book, we will show you how to implement a series of best practices and design patterns to help you create efficient and robust Node.js applications with ease.
We kick off by exploring the basics of Node.js, analyzing its asynchronous event driven architecture and its fundamental design patterns. We then show you how to build asynchronous control flow patterns with callbacks, promises and async/await. Next, we dive into Node.js streams, unveiling their power and showing you how to use them at their full capacity. Following streams is an analysis of different creational, structural, and behavioral design patterns that take full advantage of jаvascript and Node.js. Lastly, the book dives into more advanced concepts such as Universal jаvascript, scalability and messaging patterns to help you build enterprise-grade distributed applications.
Throughout the book, you'll see Node.js in action with the help of several real-life examples leveraging technologies such as LevelDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, and many others. They will be used to demonstrate a pattern or technique, but they will also give you a great introduction to the Node.js ecosystem and its set of solutions.
What you will learn
- Become comfortable with writing asynchronous code by leveraging callbacks, promises, and the async/await syntax
- Leverage Node.js streams to create data-driven asynchronous processing pipelines
- Implement well-known software design patterns to create production grade applications
- Share code between Node.js and the browser and take advantage of full-stack jаvascript
- Build and scale microservices and distributed systems powered by Node.js
- Use Node.js in conjunction with other powerful technologies such as Redis, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, and LevelDB
Who this book is forThis book is for developers and software architects who have some prior basic knowledge of jаvascript and Node.js and now want to get the most out of these technologies in terms of productivity, design quality, and scalability. Software professionals with intermediate experience in Node.js and jаvascript will also find valuable the more advanced patterns and techniques presented in this book.
This book assumes that you have an intermediate understanding of web application development, databases, and software design principles.
Chapter 2: The Module System
Chapter 3: Callbacks and Events
Chapter 4: Asynchronous Control Flow Patterns with Callbacks
Chapter 5: Asynchronous Control Flow Patterns with Promises and Async/Await
Chapter 6: Coding with Streams
Chapter 7: Creational Design Patterns
Chapter 8: Structural Design Patterns
Chapter 9: Behavioral Design Patterns
Chapter 10: Universal jаvascript for Web Applications
Chapter 11: Advanced Recipes
Chapter 12: Scalability and Architectural Patterns
Chapter 13: Messaging and Integration Patterns