The practical emphasis throughout the book ensures the material is always relevant, whilst the authors’ style of introducing topics gradually and explaining technical terminology in a clear, friendly style caters for all students, whether on specialist accounting or non-specialist business degrees.
- Updated and expanded examples from the real world demonstrate practical applications and the value of key concepts and techniques.
- Interactive 'open-learning' style, ideal for self-study, encourages you to check your progress continually.
- Coverage of developments to the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) including an update to the discussion of the Conceptual Framework for Financial Reporting.
- Recent changes to corporate governance provisions are explained.
- Chapter 12 now includes more detail about the role of the auditor.
- Activities and exercises which enable you to constantly test your understanding and reinforce learning.
- Key terms, glossary and bulleted summaries providing excellent revision aids.
Peter Atrill is a freelance academic and author who has worked with leading institutions in the UK, Europe and SE Asia. He was previously Head of Business and Management and Head of Accounting and Law at Plymouth Business School, Plymouth University.
Eddie McLaney is an academic author who was formerly the Accounting Subject Group Leader and Principal Lecturer in Accounting and Finance at Plymouth Business School, Plymouth University.
2. Measuring and reporting financial position
3. Measuring and reporting financial performance
4. Accounting for limited companies (1)
5. Accounting for limited companies (2)
6. Measuring and reporting cash flows
7. Recognising and reporting assets and liabilities
8. Analysing and interpreting financial statements (1)
9. Analysing and interpreting financial statements (2)
10. Reporting the financial results of groups of companies
11. Increasing the scope of financial reporting
12. Governing a company
Download Financial Accounting for Decision Makers, 9th Edition PDF or ePUB format free