- eBook:Hands-On Cloud Development with WildFly: Develop, deploy and configure cloud-based, enterprise Java applications with WildFly Swarm and OpenShift
- Author:Tomasz Adamski
- Data:March 30, 2018
- Pages:296 pages
- Create functional microservices with WildFly Swarm
- Use OpenShift to deploy your microservices in the cloud
- Make your application production-ready using Jenkins, Hystrix, and Keycloak
Book DescriptionThe book starts by introducing you to WildFly Swarm-a tool that allows you to create runnable microservices from Java EE components. You'll learn the basics of Swarm operation-creating a microservice containing only the parts of enterprise runtime needed in a specific case. Later, you'll learn how to configure and test those services.
In order to deploy our services in the cloud, we'll use OpenShift. You'll get to know basic information on its architecture, features, and relationship to Docker and Kubernetes. Later, you'll learn how to deploy and configure your services to run in the OpenShift cloud.
In the last part of the book, you'll see how to make your application production-ready. You'll find out how to configure continuous integration for your services using Jenkins, make your application resistant to network failures using Hystrix, and how to secure them using Keycloak.
By the end of the book, you'll have a fully functional example application and will have practical knowledge of Java EE cloud development that can be used as a reference in your other projects.
What you will learn
- Utilize Java EE technology to develop modern cloud-enabled applications
- Easily create microservices with WildFly Swarm using proven Java EE technologies
- See the benefits of OpenShift - easy deployment of your services, out of the box scalability and healing, and integration with Continuous Integration tools
- Integrate the sample application with Jenkins' Continuous Integration server
- Utilize Netflix OSS to connect your services and provide resilience to your application
- Provide security to your application using Keycloak
Who This Book Is ForIf you're an experienced developer familiar with Java EE technologies and would like to learn how you can use those technologies in the cloud with WildFly and OpenShift, then this book is for you.
Chapter 2: Getting Familiar with WildFly Swarm
Chapter 3: Right-Sizing Your Services
Chapter 4: Tuning the Configuration of Your Services
Chapter 5: Testing Your Services with Arquillian
Chapter 6: Deploying Applications on the Cloud with OpenShift
Chapter 7: Configuring Storage for Your Applications
Chapter 8: Scaling and Connecting Your Services
Chapter 9: Configuring Continuous Integration Using Jenkins
Chapter 10: Providing Security Using Keycloak
Chapter 11: Adding Resilience Using Hystrix
Chapter 12: Future Direction
Download Hands-On Cloud Development with WildFly: Develop, deploy and configure cloud-based, enterprise Java applications with WildFly Swarm and OpenShift PDF or ePUB format free