- eBook:Hands-On Full Stack Web Development with Angular 6 and Laravel 5: Become fluent in both frontend and backend web development with Docker, Angular and Laravel
- Author:Fernando Monteiro
- Data:July 31, 2018
- Pages:420 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Explore the latest features of Angular and Laravel to build applications that are powerful, consistent, and maintainable
- Develop modern user interfaces with a reusable component-based architecture using Angular 6 and Bootstrap 4
- Learn how to build secure backend APIs with Laravel
Book DescriptionAngular, considered as one of the most popular and powerful frontend frameworks, has undergone a major overhaul to embrace emerging web technologies so that developers can build cutting-edge web applications.
This book gives you practical knowledge of building modern full-stack web apps from scratch using Angular with a Laravel Restful back end.
The book begins with a thorough introduction to Laravel and Angular and its core concepts like custom errors messages, components, routers, and Angular-cli, with each concept being explained first, and then put into practice in the case-study project.
With the basics covered, you will learn how sophisticated UI features can be added using NgBootstrao and a component-based architecture. You will learn to extend and customize variables from Bootstrap CSS framework.
You will learn how to create secure web application with Angular and Laravel using token based authentication. Finally, you will learn all about progressive web applications and build and deploy a complete fullstack application using Docker and Docker-compose.
By the end of this book, you'll gain a solid understanding of Angular 6 and how it interacts with a Laravel 5.x backend
What you will learn
- Explore the core features of Angular 6 to create sophisticated user interfaces
- Use Laravel 5 to its full extent to create a versatile backend layer based on RESTful APIs
- Configure a web application in order to accept user-defined data and persist it into the database using server-side APIs
- Build an off-line-first application using service-worker and manifest file
- Deal with token based authentication on single page application (SPA).
- Secure your application against threats and vulnerabilities in a time efficient way
- Deploy using Docker and Docker-compose
Who this book is forThis book targets developers who are new to Angular, Laravel, or both, and are seeking a practical, best-practice approach to development with these technologies. They must have some knowledge of HTML, CSS and jаvascript. Familiarity of PHP is assumed to get the most from this book.
Chapter 2: The Benefits of TypeScript
Chapter 3: Understanding the Core Concepts of Angular 6
Chapter 4: Building the Baseline Backend Application
Chapter 5: Creating a RESTful API Using Laravel - Part 1
Chapter 6: Creating a RESTful API Using Laravel - Part 2
Chapter 7: Progressive Web Applications with the Angular CLI
Chapter 8: Dealing with the Angular Router and Components
Chapter 9: Creating Services and User Authentication
Chapter 10: Frontend Views with Bootstrap 4 and NgBootstrap
Chapter 11: Building and Deploying Angular Tests