- eBook:Hands-On Linux Administration on Azure: Develop, maintain, and automate applications on the Azure cloud platform, 2nd Edition
- Author:Kamesh Ganesan, Rithin Skaria, Frederik Vos
- Edition:2 edition
- Data:February 20, 2020
- Pages:508 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Deploy and manage virtual machines in the Azure environment
- Explore open source tools to integrate automation and orchestration
- Implement Linux features to create and manage containers
Book DescriptionThanks to its flexibility in delivering scalable cloud solutions, Microsoft Azure is a suitable platform for managing all your workloads. You can use it to implement Linux virtual machines and containers, and to create applications in open source languages with open APIs.
This Linux administration book first takes you through the fundamentals of Linux and Azure to prepare you for the more advanced Linux features in later chapters. With the help of real-world examples, you'll learn how to deploy virtual machines (VMs) in Azure, expand their capabilities, and manage them efficiently. You will manage containers and use them to run applications reliably, and in the concluding chapter, you'll explore troubleshooting techniques using a variety of open source tools.
By the end of this book, you'll be proficient in administering Linux on Azure and leveraging the tools required for deployment.
What you will learn
- Grasp the fundamentals of virtualization and cloud computing
- Understand file hierarchy and mount new filesystems
- Maintain the life cycle of your application in Azure Kubernetes Service
- Manage resources with the Azure CLI and PowerShell
- Manage users, groups, and filesystem permissions
- Use Azure Resource Manager to redeploy virtual machines
- Implement configuration management to configure a VM correctly
- Build a container using Docker
Who this book is forIf you are a Linux administrator or a Microsoft professional looking to deploy and manage your workload in Azure, this book is for you. Although not necessary, knowledge of Linux and Azure will assist with understanding core concepts.
Chapter 2: Getting Started with the Azure Cloud
Chapter 3: Basic Linux Administration
Chapter 4: Managing Azure
Chapter 5: Advanced Linux Administration
Chapter 6: Managing Linux Security and Identities
Chapter 7: Deploying Your Virtual Machines
Chapter 8: Exploring Continuous Configuration Automation
Chapter 9: Container Virtualization in Azure
Chapter 10: Working with Azure Kubernetes Service
Chapter 11: Troubleshooting and Monitoring Your Workloads