- eBook:Learn C# in 7 days: Get up and running with C# 7 with async main, tuples, pattern matching, LINQ, regex, indexers, and more
- Author:Gaurav Aroraa
- Data:October 6, 2017
- Pages:306 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Learn the basics of C# in 7 days
- Works as a reference guide describing the major features of C#
- Build easy and simple code through real-world example scenarios
Book DescriptionThis book takes a unique approach to teach C# to absolute beginners. You’ll learn the basics of the language in seven days. It takes a practical approach to explain the important concepts that build the foundation of the C# programming language.
The book begins by teaching you the basic fundamentals using real-world practical examples and gets you acquainted with C# programming. We cover some important features and nuances of the language in a hands-on way, helping you grasp the concepts in a fluid manner.
Later, you’ll explore the concepts of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) through a real-world example. Then we dive into advanced-level concepts such as generics and collections, and you’ll get acquainted with objects and LINQ. Towards the end, you’ll build an application that covers all the concepts explained in the book.
By the end of this book, you will have next-level skills and a good knowledge of the fundamentals of C#.
What you will learn
- Understand and set up the .NET environment
- Code in C# using the Visual Studio 2017 RC (preferable community edition) IDE
- Define variables, syntax, control flows, statements, and arrays etc through examples
- Understand the concepts of Object-Oriented Programming using C#
- Get acquainted with attributes, collection, generics, and LINQ
- Get your hands on class members such as Modifiers, Methods, Properties, Indexers, File I/O, Exception Handling, and Regex
- Build a real-world application using C# 7
About the AuthorGaurav Aroraa has done M.Phil in computer science. He is a Microsoft MVP, life time member of Computer Society of India (CSI), certified as a scrum trainer/coach, XEN for ITIL-F and APMG for PRINCE-F and PRINCE-P. Gaurav serves as a mentor at IndiaMentor, open source developer, contributor to TechNet Wiki co-founder of Innatus Curo Software LLC. In 19+ years of his career, he has mentored thousands of students and industry professionals. You can tweet Gaurav on his twitter handle @g_arora
Chapter 2: Day 02 - Getting Started with C#
Chapter 3: Day 03 - What's New in C#
Chapter 4: Day 04 - Discussing C# Class Members
Chapter 5: Day 05 - Overview of Reflection and Collections
Chapter 6: Day 06 - Deep Dive with Advanced Concepts
Chapter 7: Day 07 - Understanding Object-Oriented Programming with C# 228
Chapter 8: Day 08 - Test Your Skills – Build a Real-World Application