- eBook:Scaling Your Node.js Apps: Progress Your Personal Projects to Production-Ready
- Author:Fernando Doglio
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:November 29, 2018
- Pages:180 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
Using this book you will learn when to scale, what factors should trigger scaling, and what architectural techniques are best suited for scaling. You will also explore common pitfalls that arise when scaling a Node.js application and solutions to correct them.
Including analyses of success cases at the largest-scale companies, such as Netflix and Paypal, this book will get you started with scaling in no time at all.
What You'll Learn
- Determine what factors should trigger the need to scale
- Discover different architectural patterns that lend themselves to scaling
- Resolve problems that arise when scaling up a Node.js application
- Monitor a platform in order to understand when to start scaling
The main audience for this book are Node.js developers with a mid-level understanding of the technology. Novice Node users will also benefit from the coverage of generic scaling-related topics.
Chapter 2: Architectural Patterns
Chapter 3: Ways to Scale
Chapter 4: Challenges when Scaling
Chapter 5: When to Scale?
Chapter 6: Testing Your Application
Chapter 7: Success Cases