- eBook:AWS Security Cookbook: Practical solutions for managing security policies, monitoring, auditing, and compliance with AWS
- Author:Heartin Kanikathottu
- Data:February 27, 2020
- Pages:440 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Explore useful recipes for implementing robust cloud security solutions on AWS
- Monitor your AWS infrastructure and workloads using CloudWatch, CloudTrail, config, GuardDuty, and Macie
- Prepare for the AWS Certified Security-Specialty exam by exploring various security models and compliance offerings
Book DescriptionAs a security consultant, securing your infrastructure by implementing policies and following best practices is critical. This cookbook discusses practical solutions to the most common problems related to safeguarding infrastructure, covering services and features within AWS that can help you implement security models such as the CIA triad (confidentiality, integrity, and availability), and the AAA triad (authentication, authorization, and availability), along with non-repudiation.
The book begins with IAM and S3 policies and later gets you up to speed with data security, application security, monitoring, and compliance. This includes everything from using firewalls and load balancers to secure endpoints, to leveraging Cognito for managing users and authentication. Over the course of this book, you'll learn to use AWS security services such as Config for monitoring, as well as maintain compliance with GuardDuty, Macie, and Inspector. Finally, the book covers cloud security best practices and demonstrates how you can integrate additional security services such as Glacier Vault Lock and Security Hub to further strengthen your infrastructure.
By the end of this book, you'll be well versed in the techniques required for securing AWS deployments, along with having the knowledge to prepare for the AWS Certified Security – Specialty certification.
What you will learn
- Create and manage users, groups, roles, and policies across accounts
- Use AWS Managed Services for logging, monitoring, and auditing
- Check compliance with AWS Managed Services that use machine learning
- Provide security and availability for EC2 instances and applications
- Secure data using symmetric and asymmetric encryption
- Manage user pools and identity pools with federated login
Who this book is forIf you are an IT security professional, cloud security architect, or a cloud application developer working on security-related roles and are interested in using AWS infrastructure for secure application deployments, then this Amazon Web Services book is for you. You will also find this book useful if you're looking to achieve AWS certification. Prior knowledge of AWS and cloud computing is required to get the most out of this book.
Chapter 2: Securing Data on S3 with Policies and Techniques
Chapter 3: User Pools and Identity Pools with Cognito
Chapter 4: Key Management with KMS and CloudHSM
Chapter 5: Network Security with VPC
Chapter 6: Working with EC2 Instances
Chapter 7: Web Security Using ELBs, CloudFront, and WAF
Chapter 8: Monitoring with CloudWatch, CloudTrail, and Config
Chapter 9: Compliance with GuardDuty, Macie, and Inspector
Chapter 10: Additional Services and Practices for AWS Security