- eBook:Azure Serverless Computing Cookbook: Build and monitor Azure applications hosted on serverless architecture using Azure functions, 3rd Edition
- Author:Praveen Kumar Sreeram
- Edition:3 edition
- Data:June 19, 2020
- Pages:458 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Test, troubleshoot, and monitor Azure functions to deliver high-quality and reliable cloud-centric applications
- Understand Visual Studio's integrated developer experience for Azure functions
- Explore best practices for organizing and refactoring code within the Azure functions
Book DescriptionThis third edition of Azure Serverless Computing Cookbook guides you through the development of a basic back-end web API that performs simple operations, helping you understand how to persist data in Azure Storage services. You'll cover the integration of Azure Functions with other cloud services, such as notifications (SendGrid and Twilio), Cognitive Services (computer vision), and Logic Apps, to build simple workflow-based applications.
With the help of this book, you'll be able to leverage Visual Studio tools to develop, build, test, and deploy Azure functions quickly. It also covers a variety of tools and methods for testing the functionality of Azure functions locally in the developer's workstation and in the cloud environment. Once you're familiar with the core features, you'll explore advanced concepts such as durable functions, starting with a "hello world" example, and learn about the scalable bulk upload use case, which uses durable function patterns, function chaining, and fan-out/fan-in.
By the end of this Azure book, you'll have gained the knowledge and practical experience needed to be able to create and deploy Azure applications on serverless architectures efficiently.
What you will learn
- Implement continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) of Azure functions
- Develop different event-based handlers in a serverless architecture
- Integrate Azure functions with different Azure services to develop enterprise-level applications
- Accelerate your cloud application development using Azure function triggers and bindings
- Automate mundane tasks at various levels, from development to deployment and maintenance
- Develop stateful serverless applications and self-healing jobs using durable functions
Who this book is forIf you are a cloud developer or architect who wants to build cloud-native systems and deploy serverless applications with Azure functions, this book is for you. Prior experience with Microsoft Azure core services will help you to make the most out of this book.
2. Working with notifications using the SendGrid and Twilio services
3. Seamless integration of Azure Functions with Azure Services
4. Developing Azure Functions using Visual Studio
5. Exploring testing tools for Azure functions
6. Troubleshooting and monitoring Azure Functions
7. Developing reliable serverless applications using durable functions
8. Bulk import of data using Azure Durable Functions and Cosmos DB
9. Configuring security for Azure Functions
10. Implementing best practices for Azure Functions
11. Configuring serverless applications in the production environment
12. Implementing and deploying continuous integration using Azure DevOps