- eBook:Learn C Programming: A beginner's guide to learning C programming the easy and disciplined way
- Author:Jeff Szuhay
- Data:June 26, 2020
- Pages:646 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Learn essential C concepts such as variables, data structures, functions, loops, and pointers
- Get to grips with the core programming aspects that form the base of many modern programming languages
- Explore the expressiveness and versatility of the C language with the help of sample programs
Book DescriptionC is a powerful general-purpose programming language that is excellent for beginners to learn. This book will introduce you to computer programming and software development using C. If you're an experienced developer, this book will help you to become familiar with the C programming language.
This C programming book takes you through basic programming concepts and shows you how to implement them in C. Throughout the book, you'll create and run programs that make use of one or more C concepts, such as program structure with functions, data types, and conditional statements. You'll also see how to use looping and iteration, arrays, pointers, and strings. As you make progress, you'll cover code documentation, testing and validation methods, basic input/output, and how to write complete programs in C.
By the end of the book, you'll have developed basic programming skills in C, that you can apply to other programming languages and will develop a solid foundation for you to advance as a programmer.
What you will learn
- Understand fundamental programming concepts and implement them in C
- Write working programs with an emphasis on code indentation and readability
- Break existing programs intentionally and learn how to debug code
- Adopt good coding practices and develop a clean coding style
- Explore general programming concepts that are applicable to more advanced projects
- Discover how you can use building blocks to make more complex and interesting programs
- Use C Standard Library functions and understand why doing this is desirable
Who this book is forThis book is written for two very diverse audiences.
If you're an absolute beginner who only has basic familiarity with operating a computer, this book will help you learn the most fundamental concepts and practices you need to know to become a successful C programmer.
If you're an experienced programmer, you'll find the full range of C syntax as well as common C idioms. You can skim through the explanations and focus primarily on the source code provided.
Chapter 1: Running Hello, World!
Chapter 2: Understanding Program Structure
Chapter 3: Working with Basic Data Types
Chapter 4: Using Variables and Assignment
Chapter 5: Exploring Operators and Expressions
Chapter 6: Exploring Conditional Program Flow
Chapter 7: Exploring Loops and Iteration
Chapter 8: Creating and Using Enumerations
Section 2: Complex Data Types
Chapter 9: Creating and Using Structures
Chapter 10: Creating Custom Data Types with typedef
Chapter 11: Working with Arrays
Chapter 12: Working with Multi-Dimensional Arrays
Chapter 13: Using Pointers
Chapter 14: Understanding Arrays and Pointers
Chapter 15: Working with Strings
Chapter 16: Creating and Using More Complex Structures
Section 3: Memory Manipulation
Chapter 17: Understanding Memory Allocation and Lifetime
Chapter 18: Using Dynamic Memory Allocation
Section 4: Input and Output
Chapter 19: Exploring Formatted Output
Chapter 20: Getting Input from the Command Line
Chapter 21: Exploring Formatted Input
Chapter 22: Working with Files
Chapter 23: Using File Input and File Output
Section 5: Building Blocks for Larger Programs
Chapter 24: Working with Multi-File Programs
Chapter 25: Understanding Scope