- eBook:Migrating to AWS: A Manager's Guide: How to Foster Agility, Reduce Costs, and Bring a Competitive Edge to Your Business
- Author:Jeff Armstrong
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:July 21, 2020
- Pages:260 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
Author Jeff Armstrong brings years of practical hands-on experience helping dozens of enterprises make this corporate change. You’ll explore real-world examples of how organizations have made—or attempted to make—this wide-ranging transition. With this guide, you’ll be better prepared to objectively evaluate your migration before, during, and after the process so you can ensure success.
By the end of this book, you’ll understand:
- Benefits and drawbacks of migrating to AWS
- Risks to your business and technology
- Methods for properly accessing workloads
- How to build a business case for this move
- How to create a solid migration plan
- How to identify low hanging fruit for refactoring
1. Why Should I Migrate to Amazon Web Services?
2. What Are the Risks and Their Mitigation?
II. Phases of Migration
3. Discovering Your Workloads
4. Building Your Business Case
5. Addressing Your Operational Readiness for AWS
6. Defining Your Landing Zone and Cloud Governance
7. Planning Your Migration
8. Refactoring, Retooling, and Final Preparations