- eBook:Image Processing and Acquisition using Python, 2nd Edition
- Author:Ravishankar Chityala, Sridevi Pudipeddi
- Edition:2 edition
- Data:July 1, 2020
- Pages:451 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
A refresher for more experienced readers, the first part of the book presents an introduction to Python, Python modules, reading and writing images using Python, and an introduction to images. The second part discusses the basics of image processing, including pre/post processing using filters, segmentation, morphological operations, and measurements. The second part describes image acquisition using various modalities, such as x-ray, CT, MRI, light microscopy, and electron microscopy. These modalities encompass most of the common image acquisition methods currently used by researchers in academia and industry.
- Covers both the physical methods of obtaining images and the analytical processing methods required to understand the science behind the images.
- Contains many examples, detailed derivations, and working Python examples of the techniques.
- Offers practical tips on image acquisition and processing.
- Includes numerous exercises to test the reader’s skills in Python programming and image processing, with solutions to selected problems, example programs, and images available on the book’s web page.
- Machine learning has become an indispensable part of image processing and computer vision, so in this new edition two new chapters are included: one on neural networks and the other on convolutional neural networks.
- A new chapter on affine transform and many new algorithms.
- Updated Python code aligned to the latest version of modules.
1. Introduction to Python
2. Computing using Python Modules
3. Image and Its Properties
II - Image Processing using Python
4. Spatial Filters
5. Image Enhancement
6. Ane Transformation
7. Fourier Transform
9. Morphological Operations
10. Image Measurements
11. Neural Network
12. Convolutional Neural Network
III - Image Acquisition
13. X-Ray and Computed Tomography
14. Magnetic Resonance Imaging
15. Light Microscopes
16. Electron Microscopes