This significantly updated edition of Professional WordPress Plugin Development addresses modern plugin development for WordPress, the highly popular content management system (CMS). If you’re using WordPress to create and manage websites, WordPress plugins are the software that can extend or enhance CMS functionality. This book offers guidance on writing plugins for WordPress sites to share or sell to other users.
The second edition of Professional WordPress Plugin Development covers the building of advanced plugin development scenarios. It discusses the plugin framework and coding standards as well as dashboards, settings, menus, and related application programming interfaces (APIs). Additional topics include security, performance, data validation, and SQL statements.
• Learn about the power of hooks in WordPress
• Discover how jаvascript and Ajax will work in your site
• Understand key technologies: Block Editor/Gutenberg, JS/React, PHP, and the REST API
• Create and use custom post types and taxonomies.
• Creating custom dashboard menus and plugin settings
• Work with users and user data
• Schedule tasks and utilizing Cron
• Performance and security considerations
Written by experienced plugin developers, Professional WordPress Plugin Development also helps you internationalize and localize your WordPress website. Find out about debugging systems and optimizing your site for speed. As WordPress use continues to increase, you can elevate your professional knowledge of how to extend WordPress through plugins.
CHAPTER 2. Plugin Framework
CHAPTER 3. Dashboard and Settings
CHAPTER 4. Security and Performance
CHAPTER 5. Hooks
CHAPTER 6. jаvascript
CHAPTER 7. Blocks and Gutenberg
CHAPTER 8. Content
CHAPTER 9. Users and User Data
CHAPTER 10. Scheduled Tasks
CHAPTER 11. Internationalization
CHAPTER 12. REST API
CHAPTER 13. Multisite
CHAPTER 14. The Kitchen Sink
CHAPTER 15. Debugging
CHAPTER 16. The Developer Toolbox