- eBook:Securing Blockchain Networks like Ethereum and Hyperledger Fabric: Learn advanced security configurations and design principles to safeguard Blockchain networks
- Author:Alessandro Parisi
- Data:April 13, 2020
- Pages:244 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
Securing Blockchain Networks like Ethereum and Hyperledger Fabric: Learn advanced security configurations and design principles to safeguard Blockchain networks by Alessandro Parisi
- Explore blockchain concepts such as cryptography, consensus algorithms, and security assumptions
- Architect network security for mission-critical decentralized apps (Dapps) using design security considerations
- Consider various deployment and operational aspects while building a blockchain network
Book DescriptionBlockchain adoption has extended from niche research to everyday usage. However, despite the blockchain revolution, one of the key challenges faced in blockchain development is maintaining security, and this book will demonstrate the techniques for doing this.
You’ll start with blockchain basics and explore various blockchain attacks on user wallets, and denial of service and pool mining attacks. Next, you’ll learn cryptography concepts, consensus algorithms in blockchain security, and design principles while understanding and deploying security implementation guidelines. You’ll not only cover architectural considerations, but also work on system and network security and operational configurations for your Ethereum and Hyperledger Fabric network. You’ll later implement security at each level of blockchain app development, understanding how to secure various phases of a blockchain app using an example-based approach. You’ll gradually learn to securely implement and develop decentralized apps, and follow deployment best practices. Finally, you’ll explore the architectural components of Hyperledger Fabric, and how they can be configured to build secure private blockchain networks.
By the end of this book, you’ll have learned blockchain security concepts and techniques that you can implement in real blockchain production environments.
What you will learn
- Understand blockchain consensus algorithms and security assumptions
- Design secure distributed applications and smart contracts
- Understand how blockchains manage transactions and help to protect wallets and private keys
- Prevent potential security threats that can affect distributed ledger technologies (DLTs) and blockchains
- Use pentesting tools for assessing potential flaws in Dapps and smart contracts
- Assess privacy compliance issues and manage sensitive data with blockchain
Who this book is forThis book is for blockchain developers, security professionals, and Ethereum and Hyperledger developers who are looking to implement security in blockchain platforms and ensure secure data management using an example-driven approach. Basic knowledge of blockchain concepts will be beneficial.
Chapter 1: Introducing Blockchain Security and Attack Vectors
Chapter 2: Cryptography Essentials
Chapter 3: Blockchain Security Assumptions
Section 2: Architecting Blockchain Security
Chapter 4: Trustless Blockchain Networks
Chapter 5: Securing Hyperledger Fabric
Section 3: Securing Decentralized Apps and Smart Contracts
Chapter 6: Decentralized Apps and Smart Contracts
Chapter 7: Preventing Threats for DApps and Smart Contracts
Section 4: Preserving Data Integrity and Privacy
Chapter 8: Exploiting Blockchain as an Attack Vector
Chapter 9: Analyzing Privacy and GDPR Compliance Issues