- eBook:Blockchain By Example: A developer's guide to creating decentralized applications using Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Hyperledger
- Author:Bellaj Badr, Richard Horrocks, Xun (Brian) Wu
- Data:November 30, 2018
- Pages:528 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
Blockchain By Example: A developer's guide to creating decentralized applications using Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Hyperledger by Bellaj Badr, Richard Horrocks, Xun (Brian) Wu
- Understand the blockchain ecosystem and its terminologies
- Implement smart contracts, wallets, and consensus protocols
- Design and develop decentralized applications using Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Hyperledger
Book DescriptionThe Blockchain is a revolution promising a new world without middlemen. Technically, it is an immutable and tamper-proof distributed ledger of all transactions across a peer-to-peer network. With this book, you will get to grips with the blockchain ecosystem to build real-world projects.
This book will walk you through the process of building multiple blockchain projects with different complexity levels and hurdles. Each project will teach you just enough about the field's leading technologies, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Quorum, and Hyperledger in order to be productive from the outset. As you make your way through the chapters, you will cover the major challenges that are associated with blockchain ecosystems such as scalability, integration, and distributed file management. In the concluding chapters, you'll learn to build blockchain projects for business, run your ICO, and even create your own cryptocurrency. Blockchain by Example also covers a range of projects such as Bitcoin payment systems, supply chains on Hyperledger, and developing a Tontine Bank Every is using Ethereum.
By the end of this book, you will not only be able to tackle common issues in the blockchain ecosystem, but also design and build reliable and scalable distributed systems.
What you will learn
- Grasp decentralized technology fundamentals to master blockchain principles
- Build blockchain projects on Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Hyperledger
- Create your currency and a payment application using Bitcoin
- Implement decentralized apps and supply chain systems using Hyperledger
- Write smart contracts, run your ICO, and build a Tontine decentralized app using Ethereum
- Implement distributed file management with blockchain
- Integrate blockchain into existing systems in your organization
Who this book is forIf you are keen on learning how to build your own blockchain decentralized applications from scratch, then this book is for you. It explains all the basic concepts required to develop intermediate projects and will teach you to implement the building blocks of a blockchain ecosystem.
Chapter 2: Building a Bitcoin Payment System
Chapter 3: Building Your Own Cryptocurrency
Chapter 4: Peer-to-Peer Auctions in Ethereum
Chapter 5: Tontine Game with Truffle and Drizzle
Chapter 6: Blockchain-Based Futures System
Chapter 7: Blockchains in Business
Chapter 8: Creating an ICO
Chapter 9: Distributed Storage IPFS and Swarm
Chapter 10: Supply Chain on Hyperledger
Chapter 11: Letter of Credit (LC) Hyperledger