- eBook:Mastering Visual Studio 2019: Become proficient in .NET Framework and .NET Core by using advanced coding techniques in Visual Studio, 2nd Edition
- Author:Kunal Chowdhury
- Edition:2 edition
- Data:August 9, 2019
- Pages:374 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Learn how to write better code with the new and improved Visual Studio 2019 toolset
- Accelerate cloud development with built-in Azure tools
- Collaborate with a distributed team by integrating Visual Studio with source control repositories
Book DescriptionVisual Studio 2019 is the latest IDE from Microsoft for developers targeting Windows and other platforms to build stunning desktop, web and mobile applications. In this book, you'll learn how to effectively use this IDE to build, debug, and test your applications to enhance productivity by simplifying your most common tasks and allowing more time to focus on other aspects of your project.
Starting with an overview of the new features in Visual Studio 2019, you'll understand what's improved since its previous edition. This Visual Studio book will help you build applications for Windows using Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), which provides a unified programming model for developing dynamic, rich, data-driven desktop applications. You'll then learn about Microsoft's implementation of cloud computing with Azure, followed by building applications using .NET Core and TypeScript. This book will also help you explore NuGet, the package manager for the Microsoft development platform, that enables you to create, publish, and consume packages from a central repository by managing a reference list of packages. Finally, you'll delve into the debugging and live unit testing techniques that are built into the IDE.
By the end of the book, you'll have become a more efficient Visual Studio 2019 user, and be able to use it for developing, testing, debugging and deploying your applications.
What you will learn
- Increase your productivity with Visual Studio 2019's new features
- Understand how the installation wizard works and create an offline installation package
- Build stunning applications using WPF, .NET Core, and TypeScript
- Explore NuGet packages in depth
- Accelerate cloud development with Azure
- Debug and test your applications efficiently
- Get to grips with integrating Visual Studio with Git repositories
1. What's New in the Visual Studio 2019 IDE?
Section 2: Building and Managing Applications
2. Building Desktop Applications for Windows Using WPF
3. Accelerate Cloud Development with Microsoft Azure
4. Building Applications with .NET Core
5. Web Application Development Using TypeScript
6. Managing NuGet Packages
Section 3: Debugging and Testing Applications
7. Debugging Applications with Visual Studio 2019
8. Live Unit Testing with Visual Studio 2019
Section 4: Source Control
9. Exploring Source Controls in Visual Studio 2019