- eBook:Mastering jаvascript Functional Programming: Write clean, robust, and maintainable web and server code using functional jаvascript, 2nd Edition
- Author:Federico Kereki
- Format:PDF, EPUB
- Explore this second edition updated to cover features like async functions and transducers, as well as functional reactive programming
- Enhance your functional programming (FP) skills to build web and server apps using jаvascript
- Use FP to enhance the modularity, reusability, and performance of apps
Book DescriptionFunctional programming is a paradigm for developing software with better performance. It helps you write concise and testable code. To help you take your programming skills to the next level, this comprehensive book will assist you in harnessing the capabilities of functional programming with jаvascript and writing highly maintainable and testable web and server apps using functional jаvascript.
This second edition is updated and improved to cover features such as transducers, lenses, prisms and various other concepts to help you write efficient programs. By focusing on functional programming, you'll not only start to write but also to test pure functions, and reduce side effects. The book also specifically allows you to discover techniques for simplifying code and applying recursion for loopless coding. Gradually, you'll understand how to achieve immutability, implement design patterns, and work with data types for your application, before going on to learn functional reactive programming to handle complex events in your app. Finally, the book will take you through the design patterns that are relevant to functional programming.
By the end of this book, you'll have developed your jаvascript skills and have gained knowledge of the essential functional programming techniques to program effectively.
What you will learn
- Simplify jаvascript coding using function composition, pipelining, chaining, and transducing
- Use declarative coding as opposed to imperative coding to write clean jаvascript code
- Create more reliable code with closures and immutable data
- Apply practical solutions to complex programming problems using recursion
- Improve your functional code using data types, type checking, and immutability
- Understand advanced functional programming concepts such as lenses and prisms for data access
Who this book is forThis book is for jаvascript developers who want to enhance their programming skills and build efficient web applications. Frontend and backend developers who use various jаvascript frameworks and libraries like React, Angular, or Node.js will also find the book helpful. Working knowledge of ES2019 is required to grasp the concepts covered in the book easily.
|Download in .PDF format||Download in .ePUB format|
Chapter 2: Thinking Functionally - A First Example
Chapter 3: Starting Out with Functions - A Core Concept
Chapter 4: Behaving Properly - Pure Functions
Chapter 5: Programming Declaratively - A Better Style
Chapter 6: Producing Functions - Higher-Order Functions
Chapter 7: Transforming Functions - Currying and Partial Application
Chapter 8: Connecting Functions - Pipelining and Composition
Chapter 9: Designing Functions - Recursion
Chapter 10: Ensuring Purity - Immutability
Chapter 11: Implementing Design Patterns - The Functional Way
Chapter 12: Building Better Containers - Functional Data Types
Download Mastering jаvascript Functional Programming: Write clean, robust, and maintainable web and server code using functional jаvascript, 2nd Edition PDF or ePUB format free