- eBook:Better Business Decisions from dаta: Statistical Analysis for Professional Success
- Author:Peter Kenny
- Edition:1st ed. edition
- Data:June 28, 2014
- Pages:288 pages
Author Peter Kenny—with deep experience in industry—believes that "while the methods of statistics can be complicated, the meaning of statistics is not." He first outlines the ways in which we are frequently misled by statistical results, either because of our lack of understanding or because we are being misled intentionally. Then he offers sound approaches for understanding and assessing statistical data to make excellent decisions. Kenny assumes no prior knowledge of statistical techniques; he explains concepts simply and shows how the tools are used in various business situations.
With the arrival of Big Data, statistical processing has taken on a new level of importance. Kenny lays a foundation for understanding the importance and value of Big Data, and then he shows how mined data can help you see your business in a new light and uncover opportunity.
Among other things, this book covers:
- How statistics can help you assess the probability of a successful outcome
- How data is collected, sampled, and best interpreted
- How to make effective forecasts based on the data at hand
- How to spot the misuse or abuse of statistical evidence in advertisements, reports, and proposals
- How to commission a statistical analysis
Download Better Business Decisions from dаta: Statistical Analysis for Professional Success PDF or ePUB format free