- eBook:Learn Ethereum: Build your own decentralized applications with Ethereum and smart contracts
- Author:Xun (Brian) Wu, Zhihong Zou, Dongying Song
Learn Ethereum: Build your own decentralized applications with Ethereum and smart contracts by Xun (Brian) Wu, Zhihong Zou, Dongying Song
- Explore the Ethereum ecosystem and understand the latest research on the platform
- Build decentralized apps (Dapps) using smart contracts and Ethereum with the help of practical examples
- Learn to make your decentralized applications fast and highly secure
Book DescriptionEthereum is a blockchain-based, decentralized computing platform that allows running smart contracts. This book provides a basic overview of how Ethereum works, its ecosystem, mining process, and the consensus mechanism. It also demonstrates a step-by-step approach for building decentralized applications.
This book begins with the very basics of Blockchain technology. Then it dives deep into the Ethereum architecture, framework and tools in its ecosystem. It also provides you an overview of ongoing research on Ethereum, for example, Layer 1 and 2 scaling solution, Stablecoin, ICO/STO/IEO, etc. Next, it explains Solidity language in detail, and provides step-by-step instructions for designing, developing, testing, deploying, and monitoring decentralized applications.
In addition, you'll learn how to use Truffle, Remix, Infura, Metamask, and many other Ethereum technologies. It'll also help you develop your own cryptocurrency by creating ERC20, and ERC721 smart contracts from scratch. Finally, we explain private blockchains, and you learn how to interact with smart contracts through wallets.
What you will learn
- Understand the concepts of blockchain and cryptocurrency
- Master Ethereum development tools such as Truffle, Remix IDE and Infura
- Delve into smart contract development
- Develop DApps frontend using Node.js, React.js, and Web3js API
- Learn Etherscan and other tools to secure and monitor smart contracts
- Develop and debug smart contracts by working with Remix
- Apply Truffle suite to compile, migrate, and unit test smart contracts
- Explore smart contracts such as ERC20 token and decentralized digital market
Who this book is forThis book is for all developers and architects who want to explore Ethereum blockchain fundamentals and get started with building real-world decentralized applications. Knowledge of an object-oriented programming language such as jаvascript will be useful but not mandatory.
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- Ethereum Architecture and Ecosystem
- Deep Research on Ethereum
- Solidity Fundamentals
- Developing Your Own Cryptocurrency
- Smart Contract Development and Test Fundamentals
- Writing UI for the DApps
- Ethereum Tools and Frameworks
- Creating an Ethereum Private Chain
- Deployment of Your Smart Contract
- Building Ethereum Wallets