- eBook:The PHP Workshop: A Practical, No-Nonsense Introduction to PHP Development
- Author:Alexandru Busuioc, David Carr, Markus Gray, Vijay Joshi, Mark McCollum, Bart McLeod, M A Hossain Tonu
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Ideal for the PHP beginner who is getting started for the first time
- Complete step-by-step exercises and open-ended activities to help build and reinforce key skills
- Structured to let you progress at your own pace, on your own terms
- Use your physical copy to redeem free access to the online interactive edition
Book DescriptionYou already know you want to learn PHP 7, and a smarter way to learn PHP development is to learn by doing. The PHP Workshop focuses on building up your practical skills so that you can develop cutting-edge, high-performance web applications. It's ideal if you're looking to work with an existing application, or even develop your own side project with a PHP framework like Laravel. You'll learn from real examples that lead to real results.
Throughout The PHP Workshop, you'll take an engaging step-by-step approach to understanding PHP development. You won't have to sit through any unnecessary theory. If you're short on time you can jump into a single exercise each day or spend an entire weekend learning about third-party libraries. It's your choice. Learning on your terms, you'll build up and reinforce key skills in a way that feels rewarding.
Every physical copy of The PHP Workshop unlocks access to the interactive edition. With videos detailing all exercises and activities, you'll always have a guided solution. You can also benchmark yourself against assessments, track progress, and receive content updates. It's a premium learning experience that's included with your printed copy. To redeem, follow the instructions located at the start of your PHP guide.
Fast-paced and direct, The PHP Workshop is the ideal companion for PHP beginners. You'll build and iterate on your code like a software developer, learning along the way. This process means that you'll find that your new skills stick, embedded as best practice. A solid foundation for the years ahead.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with fundamental concepts and conventions of PHP 7
- Work with PHP MySQL databases and build dynamic applications
- Learn how to compile logical errors and handle exceptions in your programs
- Explore how PHP unit testing can help create a bug-free development process
- Integrate third-party packages into your applications
- Connect external web services to your applications with tools like Guzzle
Who this book is forWorkshops are ideal for foundational, entry-level developers who are learning something new.
|Download in .PDF format||Download in .ePUB format|
- Introducing PHP
- Types and Operators
- Control Statements
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Using HTTP
- Data Persistence
- Error Handling
- Web Services
Download The PHP Workshop: A Practical, No-Nonsense Introduction to PHP Development PDF or ePUB format free