- eBook:Rust Programming Cookbook: Explore the latest features of Rust 2018 for building fast and secure apps
- Author:Claus Matzinger
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Work through recipes featuring advanced concepts such as concurrency, unsafe code, and macros to migrate your codebase to the Rust programming language
- Learn how to run machine learning models with Rust
- Explore error handling, macros, and modularization to write maintainable code
Book DescriptionRust 2018, Rust's first major milestone since version 1.0, brings more advancement in the Rust language. The Rust Programming Cookbook is a practical guide to help you overcome challenges when writing Rust code.
This Rust book covers recipes for configuring Rust for different environments and architectural designs, and provides solutions to practical problems. It will also take you through Rust's core concepts, enabling you to create efficient, high-performance applications that use features such as zero-cost abstractions and improved memory management. As you progress, you'll delve into more advanced topics, including channels and actors, for building scalable, production-grade applications, and even get to grips with error handling, macros, and modularization to write maintainable code. You will then learn how to overcome common roadblocks when using Rust for systems programming, IoT, web development, and network programming. Finally, you'll discover what Rust 2018 has to offer for embedded programmers.
By the end of the book, you'll have learned how to build fast and safe applications and services using Rust.
What you will learn
- Understand how Rust provides unique solutions to solve system programming language problems
- Grasp the core concepts of Rust to develop fast and safe applications
- Explore the possibility of integrating Rust units into existing applications for improved efficiency
- Discover how to achieve better parallelism and security with Rust
- Write Python extensions in Rust
- Compile external assembly files and use the Foreign Function Interface (FFI)
- Build web applications and services using Rust for high performance
Who this book is forThe Rust cookbook is for software developers looking to enhance their knowledge of Rust and leverage its features using modern programming practices. Familiarity with Rust language is expected to get the most out of this book.
- Starting off with Rust
- Going further with advanced programming
- Managing projects with cargo
- Fearless Concurrency
- Handling errors and other results
- Express yourself with macros
- Integrating Rust with Other Languages
- Safe programming for the web
- Systems programming made easy.
- Getting practical with Rust