- eBook:System Administration Ethics: Ten Commandments for Security and Compliance in a Modern Cyber World
- Author:Igor Ljubuncic, Tom Litterer
- Edition:1 edition
- Format:PDF, ePUB
You'll examine the problems and challenges that people working with customer data, security and system administration may face in the cyber world and review the boundaries and tools for remaining ethical in an environment where it is so easy to step over a line - intentionally or accidentally. You'll also see how to correctly deal with multiple ethical situations, problems that arise, and their potential consequences, with examples from both classic and DevOps-based environments.
Using the appropriate rules of engagement, best policies and practices, and proactive “building/strengthening” behaviors, System Administration Ethics provides the necessary tools to securely run an ethically correct environment.
What You'll Learn
- The concepts of Least Privilege and Need to Know
- Request change approval and conduct change communication
- Follow "Break Glass" emergency procedures
- Code with data breaches, hacking and security violations, and proactively embrace and design for failures
- Build and gain trust with employees and build the right ethical culture
- Review what managers can do to improve ethics and protect their employees
Who This Book Is For
This book’s primary audience includes system administrators and information security specialists engaged with the creation, process and administration of security policies and systems. A secondary audience includes company leaders seeking to improve the security, privacy, and behavioral practices.
Chapter 2: Respect Privacy
Chapter 3: Do Not Change Data
Chapter 4: Do not Steal Intellectual Property
Chapter 5: Do Not Steal Computers
Chapter 6: Do Not Go Where You Are Not Wanted
Chapter 7: Follow Procedures and Get Out
Chapter 8: Communicate Change
Chapter 9: Do No Harm
Chapter 10: Break Glass in an Emergency