But how secure are AI algorithms? This challenge is taken up in the 2nd edition: Complex neural networks are fed and trained with huge amounts of data (big data). The number of necessary parameters explodes exponentially. Nobody knows exactly what is going on in these "black boxes". In machine learning we need more explainability and accountability of causes and effects in order to be able to decide ethical and legal questions of responsibility (e.g. in autonomous driving or medicine)! Besides causal learning, we also analyze procedures of tests and verification to get certified AI-programs.
Since its inception, AI research has been associated with great visions of the future of mankind. It is already a key technology that will decide the global competition of social systems. "Artificial Intelligence and Responsibility" is another central supplement to the 2nd edition: How should we secure our individual liberty rights in the AI world? This book is a plea for technology design: AI must prove itself as a service in society.
2. A Short History of the AI
3. Logical Thinking Becomes Automatic
4. Systems Become Experts
5. Computers Learn to Speak
6. Algorithms Simulate Evolution
7. Neuronal Networks Simulate Brains
8. Robots Become Social
9. Infrastructures Become Intelligent
10. From Natural and Artificial Intelligence to Superintelligence?
11. How Safe Is Artificial Intelligence?
12. Artificial Intelligence and Responsibility