SQL Server 2017 Machine Learning Services with R: Data exploration, modeling, and advanced analytics by Tomaz Kastrun, Julie Koesmarno
- Combine the power of R and SQL Server 2017 to build efficient and cost-effective data science solutions
- Leverage capabilities of R Services to perform advanced analytics from data exploration to predictive modeling
- Get up and running with SQL Server 2017 Machine Learning Services with R, as part of database solutions with continuous integration and delivery
Book DescriptionR Services, one of the most anticipated features in SQL Server 2016, improved significantly and rebranded as SQL Server 2017 Machine Learning Services. Prior to SQL Server 2016, many developers and data scientists were already using R to connect to SQL Server in siloed environments that left a lot to be desired, in order to perform additional data analysis, superseding SSAS Data Mining or additional CLR programming functions. With R integrated within SQL Server 2017, these developers and data scientists can now benefit from its integrated, effective, efficient, and more streamlined analytics environment.
SQL Server 2017 Machine Learning Services with R gives you foundational knowledge and insight to help you understand SQL Server 2017 Machine Learning Services with R. This book provides practical examples on how to implement, use, and understand SQL Server and R integration in corporate environments, and also provides explanations and underlying motivations. It covers installing machine learning services, along with maintaining, deploying, and managing code, and monitoring your services.
Once you’ve got to grips with basics, you’ll deep dive into predictive modeling and the RevoScaleR package, and gain insight into operationalizing code and exploring and visualizing data. In the concluding chapters, SQL Server 2017 Machine Learning Services with R covers the new features in SQL Server 2017 and how they are compatible with R, amplifying their combined power.
What you will learn
- Get an overview of SQL Server 2017 Machine Learning Services with R
- Manage SQL Server Machine Learning Services from installation to configuration and maintenance
- Handle and operationalize R code
- Explore RevoScaleR R algorithms and create predictive models
- Deploy, manage, and monitor database solutions with R
- Extend R with SQL Server 2017 features
- Explore the power of R for database administrators
Who This Book Is ForSQL Server 2017 Machine Learning Services with R is for data analysts, data scientists, and database administrators with some or no experience in R but who are eager to easily deliver practical data science solutions in their day-to-day work (or future projects) using SQL Server.
2. Overview of Microsoft Machine Learning Server and SQL Server
3. Managing Machine Learning Services for SQL Server 2017 and R
4. Data Exploration and Data Visualization
5. RevoScaleR Package
6. Predictive Modelling
7. Operationalizing R Code
8. Deploying, managing, and Monitoring Database Solutions Containing R Code
9. Machine learning Services with R for DBAs
10. R and SQL Server 2016/2017 Extended