- eBook:Mastering Windows Group Policy: Control and secure your Active Directory environment with Group Policy
- Author:Jordan Krause
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Work through advanced filtering techniques for Group Policy Objects
- Configure Windows Group Policy with GPMC and PowerShell
- Explore everyday functions and advanced administration tasks in Group Policy
Book DescriptionWindows Group Policy is a powerful yet underutilized centralized management tool in corporate networks, and this Group Policy book will help you make better use of its impressive features. Mastering Windows Group Policy starts by taking you through the core material that an administrator needs to know in order to start working with Group Policy. You'll understand the process of building a lab environment for testing Group Policy. As you advance, you'll explore the Group Policy Management Console (GPMC) and use the powerful features that its interface offers. Once you are well versed with using GPMC, you'll be able to perform and manage traditional core administration tasks.
By working through examples of different filtering options available for the application of Group Policy settings, you'll discover the power that Group Policy holds within your network. You'll even learn how you can secure your Active Directory environment, and understand how Group Policy preferences are different to default policies. Finally, the book delves into maintenance and guides you in troubleshooting common Group Policy-related issues.
By the end of the book, you'll have learned all that you need to use Group Policy to its full potential.
What you will learn
- Explore the Group Policy Management Console
- Create, link, and filter new Windows administration policies
- Secure your users and devices using Group Policy
- Maintain and troubleshoot Windows Server infrastructure
- Administer Group Policy using PowerShell
- Control your Active Directory environment efficiently with Group Policy settings
Who this book is forIf you are an IT professional who works with Windows Servers or are interested in setting up an Active Directory environment, this book is for you. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows and how Windows Server fits into an enterprise's infrastructure, along with an understanding of Active Directory domain environment, is expected.
Chapter 2. Group Policy Management Console (GPMC)
Chapter 3. Daily Tasks in Group Policy
Chapter 4. Advanced Filtering of Group Policy Objects
Chapter 5. Deploying Policy Settings
Chapter 6. Group Policy Preferences
Chapter 7. Group Policy as a Security Mechanism
Chapter 8. Group Policy Maintenance
Chapter 9. Group Policy Troubleshooting
Chapter 10. PowerShell for Group Policy Administration