- eBook:Getting Started with Web Components: Build modular and reusable components using HTML, CSS and jаvascript
- Author:Prateek Jadhwani
- Data:August 9, 2019
- Pages:158 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Learn Web Components with more than 50 web component examples for both beginners and advanced users
- Create responsive and highly customizable web pages using HTML, CSS, and jаvascript
- Extend the potential of Web Components by integrating them with standard web frameworks
Book DescriptionWeb Components are a set of APIs that help you build reusable UI modules that can operate in any modern browser using just Vanilla jаvascript. The power of Web Components lies in their ability to build frontend web applications with or without web frameworks.
With this practical guide, you will understand how Web Components can help you build reusable UI components for your modern web apps. The book starts by explaining the fundamentals of Web Components' design and strategies for using them in your existing frontend web projects. You will also learn how to use jаvascript libraries such as Polymer.js and Stencil.js for building practical components. As you progress, you will build a single-page application using only Web Components to fully realize their potential. This practical guide demonstrates how to work with Shadow DOM and custom elements to build the standard components of a web application. Toward the end of the book, you will learn how to integrate Web Components with standard web frameworks to help you manage large-scale web applications.
By the end of this book, you will have learned about the capabilities of Web Components in building custom elements and have the necessary skills for building a reusable UI for your web applications.
What you will learn
- Understand Web Component design, specifications, and life cycle
- Create single-page applications using Web Components
- Enable reusability and customization for your UI components
- Implement Web Components in your web apps using Polymer and Stencil libraries
- Build powerful frontend components from scratch and deploy them on the web
- Design patterns and best practices to integrate Web Components into your existing web application
Who this book is forThis book is for developers who have heard about web components, but don't really know where to start. This book is also for intermediate and advanced developers who know what web components are, but are still afraid to use them in production. This book is also for frontend engineers who are simply looking into web components in order to increase their knowledge and skills.
2. Web Components Life Cycle Callback Methods
3. Universal Web Components
4. Building Reusable Web Components
5. Managing States and Props
6. Building a Single Page App using Web Components
7. Implementing Web Components using Polymer and Stencil
8. Integrating Web Components with Web Framework