- eBook:Pro SharePoint 2010 Business Intelligence Solutions
- Author:Sahil Malik, Winsmarts LLC, Srini Sistla, Steve Wright
- Edition:1st ed. edition
- Data:December 15, 2010
- Pages:432 pages
To understand the various business intelligence offerings in SharePoint 2010, you need to understand the core SQL Server business intelligence concepts, and the first part of the book presents a comprehensive tutorial on those fundamentals. Pro SharePoint 2010 Business Intelligence Solutions then focuses on specific SharePoint business intelligence investments including:
- Visio Services
- Excel Services
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- Business Connectivity Services
- PerformancePoint Services
What you’ll learn
- Understand the fundamentals and framework of business intelligence.
- Learn how to integrate Visio Services, and discover the developer story.
- Practice working with the Secure Store Service.
- Experience authoring and publishing reports using Report Builder and how to re-purpose published reports in Reporting Services.
- Glean practical advice about deploying and developing for PerformancePoint Services in SharePoint 2010.
- Learn about the advances in Excel Services and PowerPivot, and their application within SharePoint to practical situations.
- Gain a deep understanding of the Business Data Services featureset in SharePoint 2010.
Who this book is forThis book offers SharePoint developers an essential BI foundation experience and an introduction to SQL Server 2008 tools for business intelligence. This book will also benefit SQL Server developers and administrators who require knowledge of setting up the basic infrastructure on the SharePoint platform for business intelligence.
Chapter 2: Visio Services
Chapter 3: Reporting Services
Chapter 4: Business Connectivity Services
Chapter 5: Excel Services
Chapter 6: PerformancePoint Services