- eBook:Beginning Ethereum Smart Contracts Programming: With Examples in Python, Solidity, and jаvascript
- Author:Wei-Meng Lee
- Edition:1st ed. edition
- Data:September 23, 2019
- Pages:293 pages
Beginning Ethereum Smart Contracts Programming is your fastest and most efficient means of getting started if you are unsure where to begin and how to connect to the Ethereum Blockchain. The book begins with a foundational discussion of blockchain and the motivation behind it. From there, you will get up close and personal with the Ethereum Blockchain, learning how to use an Ethereum client (geth) to connect to the Ethereum Blockchain to perform transactions such as sending Ethers to another account.
You will learn about smart contracts without having to wade through tons of documentation. Author Lee’s “learn-by-doing” approach will allow you to be productive and feel confident in your ability in no time. The last part of this book covers tokens, a topic that has taken the cryptocurrency market by storm.
Sample code in Python, Solidity, and jаvascript is provided in the book and online.
What You'll Learn
- Understand the basic premise of blockchain and “record keeping” in a peer-to-peer network
- Experience blockchain in action by creating your own blockchain using Python
- Know the foundation of smart contracts programming and how to deploy and test smart contracts
- Work on a case study to illustrate the use of blockchain
- Be familiar with tokens, and how to create and launch your own ICO digital token
- Write smart contracts that transact using tokens
Those who want to get started quickly with Ethereum Smart Contracts programming. Basic programming knowledge and an understanding of Python or jаvascript is recommended.
Chapter 2: Implementing Your Own Blockchain Using Python
Chapter 3: Connecting to the Ethereum Blockchain
Chapter 4: Creating Your Own Private Ethereum Test Network
Chapter 5: Using the MetaMask Chrome Extension
Chapter 6: Getting Started with Smart Contract
Chapter 7: Testing Smart Contracts Using Ganache
Chapter 8: Using the web3.js APIs
Chapter 9: Smart Contract Events
Chapter 10: Project – Online Lottery
Chapter 11: Creating Your Tokens