- eBook:Windows Server 2012 Unified Remote Access Planning and Deployment
- Author:Erez Ben-Ari, Bala Natarajan
- Data:December 26, 2012
- Pages:328 pages
- The essential administrator's companion for the successor to DirectAccess.
- Get to grips with configuring, enabling and deploying Unified Remote Access.
- A quick start guide to have you up and running with Windows Server 2012 URA in no time.
DirectAccess, introduced in Windows Server 2008 R2, has been a ground breaking VPN-like connectivity solution, adopted by thousands of organizations worldwide. Allowing organizations to deploy without manually configuring every client and providing always-on connectivity has made this technology world-famous. Now, with Windows Server 2012, this has been made even easier to deploy, with a new friendly user interface, easy-start wizard and built in support tools.
With Unified Remote Access, Windows server 2012 offers a unique way to provide remote access that is seamless and easier to deploy than traditional VPN solutions.
With URA, the successor to DirectAccess, your users can have full network connectivity that is always-on. If you have deployed Windows Server 2012 or are planning to, this book will help you implement Unified Remote Access from concept to completion in no time!.
Unified Remote Access, the successor to DirectAccess, offers a new approach to remote access, as well as several deployment scenarios to best suit your organization and needs. This book will take you through the design, planning, implementation and support for URA, from start to finish.
"Windows Server 2012 Unified Remote Access Planning and Deployment" starts by exploring the mechanisms and infrastructure that are the backbone of URA, and then explores the various available scenarios and options. As you go through them, you will easily understand the ideal deployment for your own organization, and be ready to deploy quickly and easily. Whether you are looking into the simplest deployment, or a complex, multi-site or cloud scenario, "Windows Server 2012 Unified Remote Access Planning and Deployment" will provide all the answers and tools you will need to complete a successful deployment.
What you will learn from this book
- Refresh your knowledge of various VPN solutions over the years and the history of DA
- Gain a full picture of the exciting improvements in the new DirectAcess access product in Windows 2012
- Put URA into perspective by learning about IPv4 and IPv6
- Review the scenarios and architecture underlying Unified Remote Access
- Take a deep dive into deploying GPO in an organization
- Understand Multi-Site scenarios with URA
- Explore how to deploy cloud-based scenarios for URA
- Discover interoperability with Windows 7 clients
- Take advantage of step by step instructions for configuring and enabling URA
- Fine tune the security and network including advanced configuration with PowerShell
- Get to grips with URA monitoring and reports
- Learn to avoid common problems, issues and mistakes
"Windows Server 2012 Unified Remote Access Planning and Deployment" is a quick start tutorial full of step-by-step instructions to guide you through planning and deploying Unified Remote Access; the successor to DirectAccess.
Chapter 2: Planning a Unified Remote Access Deployment
Chapter 3: Preparing a Group Policy and Certificate Infrastructure
Chapter 4: Installing and Configuring the Unified Remote Access Role
Chapter 5: Multisite Deployment
Chapter 6: Cross-premise Connectivity
Chapter 7: Unified Remote Access Client Access
Chapter 8: Enhanced Configurations for Infrastructure Servers
Chapter 9: Deploying NAP and OTP
Chapter 10: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Unified Remote Access