- eBook:Hands-On Embedded Programming with Qt: Develop high performance applications for embedded systems with C++ and Qt 5
- Author:John Werner
- Data:July 12, 2019
- Pages:416 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Learn to create fluid, cross-platform applications for embedded devices
- Achieve optimum performance in your applications with QT Lite project
- Explore the implementation of Qt with IoT using QtMqtt, QtKNX, and QtWebSockets
Book DescriptionQt is an open-source toolkit suitable for cross-platform and embedded application development. This book uses inductive teaching to help you learn how to create applications for embedded and Internet of Things (IoT) devices with Qt 5.
You'll start by learning to develop your very first application with Qt. Next, you'll build on the first application by understanding new concepts through hands-on projects and written text. Each project will introduce new features that will help you transform your basic first project into a connected IoT application running on embedded hardware. In addition to practical experience in developing an embedded Qt project, you will also gain valuable insights into best practices for Qt development, along with exploring advanced techniques for testing, debugging, and monitoring the performance of Qt applications. Through the course of the book, the examples and projects are demonstrated in a way so that they can be run both locally and on an embedded platform.
By the end of this book, you will have the skills you need to use Qt 5 to confidently develop modern embedded applications.
What you will learn
- Understand how to develop Qt applications using Qt Creator under Linux
- Explore various Qt GUI technologies to build resourceful and interactive applications
- Understand Qt's threading model to maintain a responsive UI
- Get to grips with remote target load and debug under Qt Creator
- Become adept at writing IoT code using Qt
- Learn a variety of software best practices to ensure that your code is efficient
Who this book is forThis book is for software and hardware professionals with experience in different domains who are seeking new career opportunities in embedded systems and IoT. Working knowledge of the C++ Linux command line will be useful to get the most out of this book.
2. Writing Your First Qt Application
3. Running Your First Application on The Target
4. Important Qt Concepts
5. Managing Overall Workflow
6. Exploring GUI Technologies
7. Adding More Features
8. Qt in the Embedded World
9. Exploring IoT With Qt
10. Using More Qt Related Technologies
11. Debugging, Logging, and Monitoring Qt Applications
12. Responsive Application Programming - Threads
13. Qt Best Practices