- eBook:Pro Android Games, 2 edition
- Author:Vladimir Silva
- Edition:2 edition
- Data:October 12, 2012
- Pages:416 pages
With actionable real-world source, Pro Android Games, Second Edition shows you how to build more sophisticated and addictive Android games, by leveraging the power of these recent advancements found in the new Android Jelly Beans development platform as well as those you've counted on in earlier releases. Multi-touch code gives these games and their players dynamic input and exchange ability, for a more realistic arcade game experience. Faster and better performance offers game players a more seamless, fun arcade experience like never before on Android. There is also improved native C/C++ integration with Android's NDK as well, which makes coding, compiling, and converting both productive and efficient with gains in app performance.
*** NOTE: This book published previously as Advanced Android 4 Games. This edition covers game development for all Android SDK versions up to Jelly Bean / Android SDK 4.1.
Pro Android Games, Second Edition features the following improvements:
- Updates to the latest version of the Android SDK, NKD, plus the latest Eclipse IDE.
- Greater focus on tablets the ever changing device resolutions, and hardware specs.
- Native game development and hardware accelerated graphics.
- Bigger and Better Real World Engines, such as Quake I and II Plus an oldie from the previous edition: Doom
- Coverage of the new smart TV APIs (Google TV), UI, UX, multi-touch and multi-tasking features available with Android Jelly Bean.
- A look into the future with augmented reality
- Advanced techniques for improving your game playing experience including better multi-tasking, improved performance optimization, battery management and more.
- A "Quake 3D"-like game app case study
What you’ll learn
- Key advanced Android gaming techniques using the new Android SDK and NDK
- How to add and integrate multi-touch
- How to use Bluetooth controllers (Zeemote)
- More gaming tricks and tips, such as hybrid 3D graphics with OpenGL and JNI
- How to port, augment a 3D shooter "Doom"-like game app using OpenGL
- How to build a 3D shooter game like "Quake" and "Quake II"
- How and where to best deploy these game apps
Who this book is forThis book is for savvy Android app developers who are looking for professional or advanced techniques for porting, augmenting and building 3D game apps that are complex, fun and lucrative.
Chapter 2: Gaming Tricks for Phones or Tablets
Chapter 3: More Gaming Tricks with OpenGL and JNI
Chapter 4: Efficient Graphics and Portability with OpenGL ES 2.0
Chapter 5: 3D Shooters for Doom
Chapter 6: 3D Shooters for Quake
Chapter 7: 3D Shooters for Quake II
Chapter 8: Fun with Bluetooth Controllers
Chapter 9: A Look into the Future: Augmented Reality and Google TV
Download Pro Android Games, 2 edition PDF or ePUB format free