- eBook:Metasploit Penetration Testing Cookbook
- Author:Abhinav Singh
- Data:June 22, 2012
- Pages:268 pages
- More than 80 recipes/practicaltasks that will escalate the reader's knowledge from beginner to an advanced level
- Special focus on the latest operating systems, exploits, and penetration testing techniques
- Detailed analysis of third party tools based on the Metasploit framework to enhance the penetration testing experience
Metasploit® software helps security and IT professionals identify security issues, verify vulnerability mitigations, and manage expert-driven security assessments. Capabilities include smart exploitation, password auditing, web application scanning, and social engineering. Teams can collaborate in Metasploit and present their findings in consolidated reports. The goal of the software is to provide a clear understanding of the critical vulnerabilities in any environment and to manage those risks.
Metasploit Penetration Testing Cookbook targets both professionals and beginners to the framework. The chapters of the book are logically arranged with an increasing level of complexity and cover Metasploit aspects ranging from pre-exploitation to the post-exploitation phase thoroughly. The recipe structure of the book provides a good mix of both theoretical understanding and practical implementation.
This book will help readers in thinking from a hacker's perspective to dig out the flaws in target networks and also to leverage the powers of Metasploit to compromise them. It will take your penetration skills to the next level.
The book starts with the basics such as gathering information about your target and gradually covers advanced topics like building your own framework scripts and modules. The book goes deep into operating systems-based penetration testing techniques and moves ahead with client-based exploitation methodologies. In the post- exploitation phase, it covers meterpreter, antivirus bypass, ruby wonders, exploit building, porting exploits to framework, and third party tools like armitage, and SET.
Metasploit Penetration Testing Cookbook is the required guide to penetration testing and exploitation.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up a complete penetration testing environment using metasploit and virtual machines
- Learn to penetration-test popular operating systems such as Windows7, Windows 2008 Server, Ubuntu etc.
- Get familiar with penetration testing based on client side exploitation techniques with detailed analysis of vulnerabilities and codes
- Avail of exclusive coverage of antivirus bypassing techniques using metasploit
- Master post-exploitation techniques such as exploring the target, keystrokes capturing, sniffing, pivoting, setting persistent connections etc.
- Build and analyze meterpreter scripts in Ruby
- Build and export exploits to framework
- Use extension tools like Armitage, SET etc.
This is a Cookbook which follows a practical task-based style. There are plenty of code and commands used for illustration which make your learning curve easy and quick.
Who this book is written for
This book targets both professional penetration testers as well as new users of Metasploit who wish to gain expertise over the framework. The book requires basic knowledge of scanning, exploitation, and Ruby language
Chapter 2: Information Gathering and Scanning
Chapter 3: Operating System-based Vulnerability Assessment and Exploitation
Chapter 4: Client-side Exploitation and Antivirus Bypass
Chapter 5: Using Meterpreter to Explore the Compromised Target
Chapter 6: Advanced Meterpreter Scripting
Chapter 7: Working with Modules for Penetration Testing
Chapter 8: Working with Exploits
Chapter 9: Working with Armitage
Chapter 10: Social Engineer Toolkit
Download Metasploit Penetration Testing Cookbook PDF or ePUB format free