- eBook:Qt 5 and OpenCV 4 Computer Vision Projects: Get up to speed with cross-platform computer vision app development by building seven practical projects
- Author:Zhuo Qingliang
- Data:June 21, 2019
- Pages:348 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Gain practical insights into code for all projects covered in this book
- Understand modern computer vision concepts such as character recognition, image processing and modification
- Learn to use a graphics processing unit (GPU) and its parallel processing power for filtering images quickly
Book DescriptionOpenCV and Qt have proven to be a winning combination for developing cross-platform computer vision applications. By leveraging their power, you can create robust applications with both an intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) and high-performance capabilities. This book will help you learn through a variety of real-world projects on image processing, face and text recognition, object detection, and high-performance computing. You'll be able to progressively build on your skills by working on projects of increasing complexity.
You'll begin by creating an image viewer application, building a user interface from scratch by adding menus, performing actions based on key-presses, and applying other functions. As you progress, the book will guide you through using OpenCV image processing and modification functions to edit an image with filters and transformation features. In addition to this, you'll explore the complex motion analysis and facial landmark detection algorithms, which you can use to build security and face detection applications. Finally, you'll learn to use pretrained deep learning models in OpenCV and GPUs to filter images quickly.
By the end of this book, you will have learned how to effectively develop full-fledged computer vision applications with OpenCV and Qt.
What you will learn
- Create an image viewer with all the basic requirements
- Construct an image editor to filter or transform images
- Develop a security app to detect movement and secure homes
- Build an app to detect facial landmarks and apply masks to faces
- Create an app to extract text from scanned documents and photos
- Train and use cascade classifiers and DL models for object detection
- Build an app to measure the distance between detected objects
- Implement high-speed image filters on GPU with Open Graphics Library (OpenGL)
Who this book is forThis book is for engineers and developers who are familiar with both Qt and OpenCV frameworks and are capable of creating simple projects using them, but want to build their skills to create professional-level projects using them. Familiarity with the C++ language is a must to follow the example source codes in this book.
2. Editing Images Like A Pro
3. Home Security Application
4. Fun with Faces
5. Optical Character Recognition
6. Object Detection in Realtime
7. Real-time car detection and distance measurement
8. Using OpenGL for high speed filtering of images