CPP, Cell-Penetrating Peptides
Download CPP, Cell-Penetrating Peptides
Download .PDF eBook
In this book, a summary and update of the most important areas of CPP research are presented, whilst raising relevant questions for further development.
The CPP sequences are presented and discussed throughout the book. The methods for testing CPP mechanisms are discussed in detail. Various approaches for the testing of endocytotic pathways of CPP uptake are also described. Different CPP uptake experiments are compared since it is becoming clear that it is often best to apply several methods in a complementary manner in order to most comprehensively evaluate CPP uptake mechanisms due to the complexity of these processes. A brief summary of functionality issues of CPPs, both in vitro and in vivo are discussed. Therapeutic potential of CPPs and commercial developments are discussed.
The monograph is written for researchers and students in the field.
2. Classes and Applications of Cell-Penetrating Peptides
3. Methods for CPP Functionalization
4. Protein Delivery and Mimicry
5. Targeting Strategies
6. Methods for Detection and Visualization of CPPs
7. Methods for Structural Studies of CPPs
8. Kinetics of CPPs Cellular Uptake
9. Toxicity and Immune Response
10. Cell-Translocation Mechanisms of CPPs
11. Clinical Trials and Commercialization Using CPPs
12. Therapeutic Potential of CPPs