- eBook:Kotlin Coroutines by Tutorials (First Edition): Mastering coroutines in Kotlin and Android
- Author:Filip Babić, Nishant Srivastava
- Data:April 26, 2019
- Pages:315 pages
Kotlin Coroutines by Tutorials (First Edition): Mastering coroutines in Kotlin and Android by Filip Babić, Nishant Srivastava
Learn Coroutines in Kotlin and Android!Executing background tasks has always been a big challenge in every environment and, in particular, on mobile devices where resources are limited. Kotlin has simplified the way you can write code improving your productivity with a new programming paradigm, enhancing object-oriented and functional programming with with simple, powerful and new constructs. Coroutines are one of these!
Who This Book Is ForThis book is for intermediate Kotlin or Android developers who already know the basics of UI development but want to learn coroutine API in order to simplify and optimize their code.
Topics Covered in This Book
- Asynchronous programming: Learn what asynchronous programming means and how to achieve it using not blocking calls.
- Configuration: Learn how to configure IntelliJ and Android Studio in order to use Coroutine APIs.
- Coroutine principles**: Learn what coroutines and launching builders are and how to manage Job dependencies.
- Suspending functions: This is the main concept around coroutines and you'll learn how to declare a suspending function and how to deal with results.
- Sequences and Iterators: Learn how to manage theoretically infinite collections of data in an efficient way using Sequences, Iterators and the yield function.
- Thread communication techniques**: Learn how different tasks can communicate using Channels, Actors, and specific coroutine operators.
- And much more, including benchmarks, Broadcast Channels, State machines!
Chapter 2: Setting Up Your Build Environments
Chapter 3: Getting Started with Coroutines
Chapter 4: Suspending Functions
Chapter 5: Async/Await
Chapter 6: Building Sequences & Iterators with Yield
Chapter 7: Coroutine Contexts & Dispatchers
Chapter 8: Exception Handling & Cancellation
Chapter 9: Coroutines as State Machines
Chapter 10: Channels
Chapter 11: Producers & Actors
Chapter 12: Broadcast Channels
Chapter 13: Coroutine Operators
Chapter 14: Coroutines & RxKotlin Comparison
Chapter 15: Coroutines on Android: Part 1
Chapter 16: Coroutines on Android: Part 2
Chapter 17: Coroutines on Android: Part 3