You'll jump right in and write games and simulations while learning programming fundamentals. You'll use the ICE Code Editor, which was created especially for this book to make it easy for you to get started with jаvascript programming. With the ICE Editor, you'll see the results of your work right away. Want a red donut? You can make hundreds of them, spinning around like crazy right next to the code you just typed.
You'll do hands-on coding in every chapter. You'll start by building simple animated shapes, then make your own player--who can do cartwheels! You'll learn how to build your own games from start to finish, including a monster eating fruit, a cave puzzle, and rafting on a river. You'll animate simple shapes to create a model of the solar system, and make your own website so that you can show off your games with your friends. If you just want to make games, jump to the lessons focusing on projects. To understand some of the theory better or if you need some help with functions, turn to the chapters that explain the programming concepts. We'll walk you carefully through all the math needed to bring games to life.
Best of all, you get to create awesome games and say, "I made this!"
2. Playing with the Console and Finding What’s Broken
3. Project: Making an Avatar
4. Project: Moving Avatars
5. Functions: Use and Use Again
6. Project: Moving Hands and Feet
7. A Closer Look at jаvascript Fundamentals
8. Project: Turning Our Avatar
9. What’s All That Other Code?
10. Project: Collisions
11. Project: Fruit Hunt
12. Working with Lights and Materials
13. Project: Build Your Own Solar System
14. Project: Phases of the Moon
15. Project: The Purple Fruit Monster Game
16. Project: Tilt-a-Board
17. Project: Learning about jаvascript Objects
18. Project: Cave Puzzle
19. Project: Multilevel Game
20. Project: River Rafting
21. Getting Code on the Web