- eBook:Design for How People Think: Using Brain Science to Build Better Products
- Author:John Whalen Ph. D.
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:April 18, 2019
- Pages:240 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
Corporate leaders, marketers, product owners, and designers will learn how cognitive processes from different brain regions form what we perceive as a singular experience. Author John Whalen shows you how anyone on your team can conduct "contextual interviews" to unlock insights. You’ll then learn how to apply that knowledge to design brilliant experiences for your customers.
- Learn about the "six minds" of user experience and how each contributes to the perception of a singular experience
- Find out how your team—without any specialized training in psychology—can uncover critical insights about your customers’ conscious and unconscious processes
- Learn how to immediately apply what you’ve learned to improve your products and services
- Explore practical examples of how the Fortune 100 used this system to build highly successful experiences
Chapter 1. The Six Minds of Experience
Chapter 2. In the Blink of an Eye: Vision, Attention, and Automaticity
Chapter 3. Wayfinding: Where Am I?.
Chapter 4. Memory/Semantics
Chapter 5. Language: I Told You So
Chapter 6. Decision Making and Problem Solving: Enter Consciousness, Stage Left
Chapter 7. Emotion: Logical Decision Making Meets Its Match
Part II - EXPOSING SECRETS
Chapter 8. User Research: Contextual Interviews
Chapter 9. Vision: Are You Looking at Me?
Chapter 10. Language: Did They Just Say That?.
Chapter 11. Wayfinding: How Do You Get There?
Chapter 12. Memory: Expectations and Filling in Gaps
Chapter 13. Decision Making: Following the Breadcrumbs
Chapter 14. Emotion: The Unspoken Reality
Part III - PUTTING THE SIX MINDS TO WORK IN YOUR DESIGNS
Chapter 15. Sense-Making
Chapter 16. Putting the Six Minds to Work: Appeal, Enhance, Awaken
Chapter 17. Succeed Fast, Succeed Often
Chapter 18. Now See What You’ve Done?
Chapter 19. How to Make a Better Human