- eBook:ArcGIS for jаvascript developers by Example
- Author:Jayakrishnan Vijayaraghavan, Yogesh Dhanapal
- Data:April 29, 2016
- Pages:286 pages
- Unshackle your GIS application from a workstation! Get running with three major web mapping projects covering all the important aspects of the ArcGIS jаvascript API.
- Set a strong foundation for the ArcGIS jаvascript API and modular coding with dojo.
- Gain a crystal clear understanding of the ArcGIS jаvascript, and become skilled in creating exciting and interesting geospatial apps.
Book DescriptionThe book starts by explaining the basics of the ArcGIS web mapping ecosystem. The book walks you through the development of six major applications, covering a wide variety of topics such as querying, rendering, advanced data visualization and performing map analytics. It also emphasizes on writing modular code using pure dojo, which is the preferred platform for developing web GIS applications using ArcGIS jаvascript API.
By the end of the book, you will have gained enough practical experience to architect a robust and visually powerful mapping application using the API.
What you will learn
- Find out what you need to develop a web mapping application in the ArcGIS environment
- Get to know about the major features provided by the ArcGIS jаvascript API
- See the coding best practices to develop modular dojo-based jаvascript applications
- Get to grips with writing custom re-usable dojo modules using dojo and esri modules and dijits
- Understand how to use various ArcGIS data sources and other open geospatial data available on the web
- Discover how to query spatial data and get the best out of your data using analytical techniques
- Master the art of rendering your map beautifully and create wonderful data visualizations using non-map objects such as charts
- Grasp how to create secure and scalable web maps
Download ArcGIS for jаvascript developers by Example PDF or ePUB format free